Week 2 tummy wants everything

Gigicolorado
on 12/14/12 11:20 am

It sounds crazy to worry about a miraculous recovery...but it is my reality.  I will take advice given and keep to plan.  I sure do not want to mess up the healing process.  I also asked the Doc about spices....because I really like hot and spicy flavorings.  He said its just not good common sense to " poke the skunk".  I guess that could also apply to going fast forward to the dense protein stage.  Best not mess with nature.  

Sleeveless
on 12/14/12 3:19 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Like most of the other posters, I encourage you to stick with your soft foods. You may feel more full physically if you add unflavored protein powder to your soups or add more protein drinks to your diet. That will really help till you can move on to solid foods with dense protein.

Unfortunately, the head hunger doesn't go away so fast, but do be assured that if you're getting your fluids and your protein, your body has what it needs to function while it feeds off your fat stores.

Good luck!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/14/12 4:13 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
My recovery was also pretty easy and fast and I have never had a tolerance issue. Still, stick to the plan, whatever plan you have, it will be safer and better in the long run.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

stinceria
on 12/15/12 1:28 am

Had surgery on December 10. There is head hunger, sure. But there is also regular old physical reaction to smells that make me salivate. Would love to have something other than jello and Isopure but my surgeon has all his patients on clear liquids for two weeks. I feel ya, buddy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views