Christmas Dining

mokee
on 12/15/12 5:43 pm - OH

Question for all you seasoned post-opers.  I will be 3 1/2 weeks out by Xmas.  I will be able to eat cheese, rolled up lunch meat, all soft meats.  I am preparing rotiserre chicken, deviled eggs, cheese balls, high fibre crackers, jello, and other things are coming but won't be on my menu. 

Question:  Can I nibble all Xmas eve instead of sitting down to a 2 oz meal.  Would this work.  Like eat a doloup of cheese or a small piece of chix or a deviled egg.  Just spread it out over the evening.  Or will this make me sick.  Don't want to get sick.  Will be with the family for only 5-6 hours Xmas eve and then they must split and go to the in-laws for Xmas day.

Any suggestions????????????????

bigred_z
on 12/15/12 5:49 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

Do a mix of the two...I find that grazing in the early post op stages leads to sliming toilet time b/c I eat too much.  Carry around a small dish that you know you can handle the contents.  Fill that with something once an hour or so.  Most ppl carry around a plate to eat as they mingle.  You can do the same only with whatever dish is appropriately sized for you. 

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

Ann M.
on 12/15/12 9:16 pm - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

Great Question!! I was a grazer!!! Now I've found I can't!! I have to eat my little amount, get it over with, leave it, go back next meal time. I find it really strange! I have to SET my meal times!!! Who'd have thought??

Our family gets together on Christmas Eve at 6 pm at my oldest brother's house...I can't drive at night, I can't eat what they bring to eat (my family is SOUTHERN COUNTRY all the way) and my immediate family doesn't get to come because of other commitments.

So I am staying home at that time, but going during Daylight hours and spend time with my whole immediate family!!! My son & his family, my daughter & her family and of course my Mom.

If the others are home when I go by I'll stop for a minute, if not, it won't matter. We don't really socialize, talk, call, or anything else. Haven't all my life. I always try to no avail. They are MUCH older than me. Like distant cousins or something.

Nikki_9
on 12/16/12 1:04 am - Canada

I went to a staff Christmas appie party at 10 days post op. Everyone thought I was crazy but it worked really well. I took a look at what I could eat and put what I thought was about 1/4 cup on my plate. I enjoyed eating all of it. I waited about 90 minutes and went again. The prawns and chicken satay skewers tasted really good. I didn't ever eat, it took at least 15 minutes to eat and I felt like I was back to normal. My colleagues and I giggled too about me eating real food since they saw me drinking protein shakes for a month pre-op. My head, stomach and heart all felt really good. 

Life is not about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views