I fixed my first Holiday Supper Last Night!!

Ann M.
on 12/15/12 8:57 pm - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

OK, I haven't seen my friend, JW, since back in October. We've talked on the phone, but not face to face. SO I called him and invited him for Supper last night and he said he'd take us to see some Christmas lights afterwards and to Walmart - My youngest granddaughter, Abby, has a BD on the 22nd and I need to get a little something for her.

OK, so I Roasted a Turkey Breast (3 hours), fixed (Him) Roasted red potatoes w/garlic butter & dill, Green Beans & Carrots, & Beets. I fixed Unsweetened Tea and Sweetened his glassful.

He Ate, ATE, and ATE...until ALL the potatoes were gone, 1/2 the Turkey Breast was gone. I ate my 1/2 cup of finely chopped food and was full. It was great!!! I cleaned up and started to get my (new) shoes on. I was ready to go...

JW said I fed him too well! He laid down on my couch, fell asleep, and I was so heartbroken!!!

SO, I decided, he wasn't going to do that to me after all I had done for him!! SO I kept waking him up and MADE him watch "Hope Springs" with Meryl Streep & Tommy Lee Jones!!!!
 He was not a happy camper - at first - then he got interested in TLJ's character, started laughing, and nect thing I knew, he was sitting up paying close attention to the movie!!!

What can I say - I'm good!!! LOL!!! No, I didn't get to shop for Abby or see Christmas lights - but I got to spend several hours with my longtime friend and laugh, laugh, laugh!!! What could be better!!!

OH I forgot to tell you guys - when he came in the door and saw me for the first time since October - 30 lbs lighter - he was very, very impressed - I think he was a lot like me - didn't really think it would work cause I'd been on so many diets over the years we've been friends!!! And he glanced at me so often during the night it started to make me uncomfortable!!! That was really weird!!! I don't think he thought I noticed him starring!!! I got antsy!!! Even across the room!!!

SO, I guess all in all it was a GREAT night!!!!  He even told me he'd take me shopping next week, he'd call!  That was STRANGE!!! He works nights!!!! He has no time!!! Oh well!!!

Thought you guys would get a kick out of my little story!!!

IHeartMexico
on 12/16/12 2:12 am
VSG on 01/21/13
Sounds like a very nice evening with a very good friend. My mother always said the best relationships are the ones were you are friends... Just saying

Christine

Most Active