5 day into pre-op diet and I know I've made the right decision!

artmaker
on 12/15/12 12:05 pm
VSG on 12/20/12 with

I started my fifth day of my preop liquid diet and I feel great! No more carb or caffeine headaches, and I'm getting enough protein so that I'm not lightheaded or too hungry. And i've already lost 5 lbs.

THE BEST PART, HOWEVER, IS HOW CONFIDENT THIS LIQUID DIET MAKES ME FEEL ABOUT HAVING MY VSG!

In the past four days combined I've had the same caloric intake as I would have in one regular day with my old habits! I feel like vsg is the exact tool I necessary to LEARN what it is my body really needs! My surgery is on Thursday and i'm excited!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on OH! I'm learning so much from you guys, from tips and tricks to how to stay motivated. Also, so importantly, sharing your emotions!! From struggle to success I LOVE READING EVERYTHING YOU GUYS WRITE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER!

"Only the noble of heart are called to difficulty"

-Soren Kierkegaard

bigred_z
on 12/15/12 12:20 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

If you can stay on the pre op, then the post op will be a BREEZE for you!  Pre op is a choice, and willpower, and self deprivation, and delayed gratification!  Post op, well, you're sleeve won't let you mess up w/o consequences! 

Way to go and best of luck on Thursday!

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

Lovin_Losing
on 12/15/12 1:50 pm
Way to go! I start mine on the 20th, praying I can do as well. Good luck!
Sleeveless
on 12/15/12 3:42 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Sending you kudos and great thoughts for this Thursday. You're on your way!

Kim M.
on 12/15/12 10:34 pm - Selma, AL
You are doing great! I'm on my sec ond week of my pre-op diet and have lost 9 pounds so far. My preop diet is different. It consist of 4 meal replacement protein shakes, bars, and soups in any combination and i can have 1 meal daily to consist of 4 oz of lean meat and as much green leafy vegetsbles as I want. The day before surgery is all liquids and a citrate mag. My surgery is this Friday.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views