Get me to the hospital on time

LNC62
on 12/16/12 6:43 am, edited 12/16/12 6:50 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

So tomorrow is my big day.  I have to be at the hospital at 5:00 am for a 7:30 surgery.  (Just think, in 24 hours I will be sleeved.)  I have utter confidence in my surgeon and am not really worried about the surgery.  What I am worried about is that I will fall back to sleep and not call my friend to wake her up to get me to the hospital on time.  So I probably won't sleep tonight. (Ok, maybe I'm a little worried about the days after the surgery, but not the surgery itself.)

Lynn. 

meljac22
on 12/16/12 7:24 am - NE
VSG on 10/09/12

Good Luck Tomorrow !!!   Set your alarm clock to wake up and call your friend.. You will need to get a good nights sleep.. that will help you recover better plus you probably won't sleep alot in the hospital.. So set your alarm clock and get some sleep.. You will do just fine tomorrow..

LNC62
on 12/16/12 8:15 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

Setting the alarm is not a problem,  In fact I use 3 alarms to get me up in the mornings.  And even with that, I still have a habit of going back to sleep.  It's the "oh-just-five-more-minutes" syndrome.  I just tend not to sleep when I absolutely have to get up in the morning. 

smashlee
on 12/16/12 10:33 am
VSG on 12/17/12
My friend is coming to stay with me to take me tomorrow. I have to be there at 530am
Like you I'm not worried about the surgery either but the unknown of the after.
But I'm super excited!!!

Good luck tomorrow!
***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

Bella_Fein
on 12/16/12 11:53 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I plan on asking my doctor for a prescription for a sleeping pill and a xanax for the night before and the morning of. I tend to not sleep well when I am anxious or excited. When I was scheduled to be induced with my daughter, I didn't sleep a wink. I think something to calm my nerves the morning of would be nice. I don't need a whole bottle of anything, just one of each.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

ADJ70
on 12/16/12 1:49 pm
VSG on 12/20/12

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow.  I have Dr. Cirangle too and I am scheduled for surgery with him on Thursday the 20th.  Hopefully you will post your progress so we know how you are doing.  :)

Terrimarv
on 12/16/12 2:02 pm - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
I wish you the very, very best tomorrow! I doubt you're sleeping now, but what the heck--plenty of time to sleep when you get home in a couple of days. Just don't plan on sleeping in the hospital...walk, sip, vital signs, heparin injection, IV meds, respiratory treatment (I have asthma), more sipping, fluoroscopy (leak test), blood draw, more walking, then repeat. You'll be so glad to get home, for lots of reasons! Keep us posted, Lynn.

Terri

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views