How long does the pain from hiadal hernia repair last

LNC62
on 12/19/12 7:28 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

So I was expecting the belly pain, and even the shoulder pain from the gas, but I also have pain in the chest that I think is from the hernia repair.  It hurts to take a deep breath.  Did anyone else experience this?  How long did it last?

Thanks,

Lynn

Mom2Noah
on 12/19/12 8:15 am - Bakersfield, CA
VSG on 07/05/12
My husband had hernia repair with his sleeve surgery in March and he had some pain for a cpl weeks after the surgery from the hernia repair. He was able to move around and do things but he did have a little bit of pain from that. I hope it gets better for you.
LNC62
on 12/19/12 10:41 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

Thanks, I am hoping it will go away.  Sometimes it feels like a really smoggy day.

Living4MyBabySon
on 12/19/12 12:23 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
I think we were sleeved on the same day (Monday) I still can't take a deep breath. I've been doing the spiromrter and that's been helping. I have felt really hungry, like starving. So the doc gave me scrip for protonix. I would never had known what that feeling was if it wasn't for everyone on OH. So, right now I have really bad neck pain and earlier in had a bad headache n my right side and it felt like an earache was coming on..but that went away. Still have the neck pain. How are you feeling other than the chest pain ?

happyteacher
on 12/19/12 1:42 pm

Oh yes, and for sure in the chest.  It got better much slower than the stomach surgery too.  Noticably better after a week, a bit better after two.  I then tried the elliptical and that aggravated it.  Around week three I tried to go for a walk in the bitter cold and that also aggravated it.  It will completely heal though and I never had acid issues after the repair, so it was sooooo worth it!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 97 views