one year anniversary!!!!

lauriegirl143
on 12/20/12 7:58 pm

hard to believe and easy to believe that it has been one year since my sleeve!!  i am down 100.5 pounds!!  i have never lost so much weight and the wonderful thing is IT IS NEVER COMING BACK!!  i have said GOOD BYE to the constant weight gains/losses that have plagued my life in the past.  i am only moving FORWARD and not looking BACK!  To those of you who are considering the surgery, i would never tell someone what to do but here is my best advice.  Consider all aspects of the surgery, research your surgeon and hospital.  visit this site often before your surgery (and after) for advice and ideas.  Have realistic goals for yourself.  Go slow, it is not a race.  Do what your surgeon says.  My surgery and after care held no surprises.  i listened and followed advice.  i had NO side effects from the surgery.  I was nervous as heck and cried non stop the morning of the surgery but i DID IT!  Take a leap of faith and do it!!  I am not the least bit sorry and when i see an overweight person I want to tell them about my experience and how happy I am now!  Please let me know if you are considering surgery or have any questions.  I would love to help anyone!!!!!  Godspeed.  Laurie.

Vi-Vi
on 12/20/12 9:26 pm, edited 12/20/12 9:26 pm
VSG on 12/13/12

Congrats on your new life!  100.5 pds is awesome!  I was scheduled  for a RNY on 13 Dec 2912, but because of  previous stomach scaring the surgeon decided the safest procedure for me would be the VSG!  Here in Ontario, Canada the process with all my appointments has taken me a year and a half and all they mostly talked about was the RNY as that is what our health care covers unless like in my case where the surgeon feels it's safer with the VSG!  

I'm really ok with this as I believe things happen for a reason!  I'm only 1 week out but the more I read & learn about my VSG I'm happy about and stories like yours are always encouraging!

thank you!

Sylvie 

Nancybefree
on 12/20/12 11:53 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

Congratulations!  You said a lot of important things in your post. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

GLMueller
on 12/22/12 2:20 am - NY
Cheers, Laurie. I am going through the pre-testing now and hope to have my surgery in Feburary. I'm in New York and have Dr Pomp. Just wanted to say "weight to go" Stay well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views