Please pray for my friend!!!

Ann M.
on 12/25/12 2:23 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

Please pray for my long time friend Chris Sherrill...She woke to find her man dead this morning!! Do not know how long he was slumped over sitting there while she was sleeping. Do not know what happened to him yet. He went to VA yesterday because he thought he had pneumonia, but they said he had bronchitis and sent him home. Don't know if that was it or if he had heart attack or just his time...Chris is in SHOCK of course...She tried to revive him...then called 911...my daughter-in-law is 1st responder...got there and declared DOA...she also works for Rescue squad so she called them to come pick up body which is protocol. Of course sworn secrecy she couldn't tell me but I called to tell Chris Merry Christmas - I found out! My heart is broken for her and for his family. They have been together 12 years! Found each other late in life and were deliriously happy with their dogs! I do not know what she will do now...she's 4 1/2 months out from retiring with 30 years at the VA here.

I'm sorry to dump this on you guys today - but we need your prayers today!!!!  And I thank you for them, in advance!!!

Merry Christmas! Ann

Michael L.
on 12/25/12 2:53 am - Fall River, MA
Praying my friend! So sorry to hear this.

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Bella_Fein
on 12/25/12 4:11 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

What a horrible experience. I pray she finds peace.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Linda B.
on 12/25/12 5:11 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

DH & I just prayed for her. I will pass it on too, she needs all the prayer support she can get during this difficult time.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

rmt77468
on 12/25/12 7:51 am - TX

Praying, God Bless you

Hislady
on 12/25/12 8:38 am - Vancouver, WA

How terribly sad to happen today, it will forever taint this holiday for her. Will pray for strength and comfort for her! Just be there for her and let her talk and ramble whatever she needs.

ready2liveat50
on 12/25/12 8:47 am

Prayers...so sorry!

Metime12.
on 12/25/12 12:12 pm

I pray that his soul may rest in peace and that God blesses her with strength during this difficult period. May God bless you too as you console your friend.

These are the first days of the rest of my life. I feel like i have gone through a rebirth, with a second chance for a new life to live and a new me to treasure! I will remain on the losers bench for the rest of my  healthier life!         
Ann M.
on 12/27/12 5:21 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers!!! Chris is still in shock but her sister knew all about VA insurance (she retired from the VA in Winston) so she took Chris and handled everything.

Wayne's full military funeral is tomorrow morning and he will be buried at the National Cemetery here which was his wishes.
 All she has to pay for is the casket. I made calls to her church. Her Sunday School class and Pastor are going to take up a Love offering to help cover the cost. And the Pastor seems to think he can get her a discount. I pray he can. Wayne was a DAV and he wasn't eligible for life insurance just like myself.

So all of our prayers were answered. And she's off next week. She's either going to her sister's or coming to stay with me. I think it would be good for me if she came here. But I don't want to be selfish!! And she has dogs. She can't take those to her sister's. She can bring them here - I have a huge fenced in back yard!!! And Nicky would love it!!!

But we'll get through tomorrow - then see what she does. I miss being on here...but I'm on the phone with Chris a lot these days. Making here laugh of course. It seems to be a gift of mine. And we have so many wonderful funny memories to reminisce about. She enjoys that so much.

I'll be back on here when things settle down some...keep up the great work guys!!! We are going to win at this WL war!!!! OH I had coffee yesterday! It was SO good!! Made me go to the bathroom, but hey it was so good I'll trade off for it!!! Only had the one small cup, but OOHHHH did I enjoy it!!!

Happy NEW YEAR 2013!!!
 Ann

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views