Oven Baked FlatBread

ALIFETOLIVE
on 12/26/12 8:30 am
VSG on 12/12/12
On December 26, 2012 at 4:29 PM Pacific Time, ruggie wrote:

I'd advise to you avoid those foods until you hit your goal.

They're just going to displace protein, slide though your stomach faster, and spike your insulin levels (which promotes hunger and fat storage).  

Just my advice.

Good info and great advise.

Thanks

faerietailz
on 12/26/12 10:52 am - NV

This is just food for thought... Pasta, Bread, and especially Rice are carbs/starches.  It will give you a little zip that you may need in the carb department, but it is not going to stay long enough to be satisfying.  Rice is really ad in early stages only because if you were to take one serving of rice, eat it, and then do an xray of your stomach a few hours later you will find that the one serving of rice will actually expand in your stomach, and may make you very uncomfortable.  Pasta, Bread, and Rice are also not a good source of protein, and lord knows we need as much protein as we can get.  If you substitute one of those items in you may not get what your body truly needs.  Anyway, just playing devils advocate. 

On a side note.  A friend of mine ate a spoon full of alfredo sauce.  That helped her to just nip that pasta craving out of the way.  I am an international mixed mutt, but I will say that my Italian side plays heavily in the food choices that I used to make.  Some day down the road after we've met goal we can reward ourselves.  I look at those three items as rewards once I reach that goal =)  Dunno if this helps, but good luck =)

ruggie
on 12/26/12 12:23 pm - Sacramento, CA

Great advice!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active