One more newbie is on the losers bench!!

Janet M.
on 12/28/12 12:34 pm - WA
VSG on 12/27/12

Hi everybody, I just got sleeved yesterday but I have been lurking around this forum since my first visit with my surgeon October 29.  I cannot begin to tell you all how much hearing all of your stories , both the good and the bad, has helped me. I am pretty shy and I am terrified of posting here, but I know from experience that a solid support group that is willing to hold me accountable and wants to share in my victories is a must for long term success.

my surgery went like a dream and I went home the same day, and today I went back for a couple of bags of IV liquids and now home again doing the walk, sip, walk, sip routine faithfully.  I have some pain mostly from the repair of what I was told was a giant hiatal hernia I had no idea I had. So I count that fix my very first NSV and I am looking forward to a bunch more that I can share with everyone here.

I haven't really got my profile up and running yet, so some info to put me in perspective.  I am 52, 5'4", with Lupus and fibromyalgia.  I believe whole heatedly that this surgery is the key to my being able to really live the second half of my life instead of just sitting it out.

busboss1
on 12/28/12 12:48 pm
VSG on 12/18/12

Hi Janet,

I had my surgery on Dec. 18th and I'm also 52 and had a hiatal hernia repaired. Hope all goes well for you. I like this site also. It's cool to check out the before and after pics. Mine will be up there too one day! And probably yours.

My surgery went well too and the pain hasn't been bad. I go back for my two week visit next Wednesday. Keep walking and keep sipping. It gets better every day and stepping on the scales every couple of days is fun! Ha. Never thought I'd say that.

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Terrimarv
on 12/28/12 12:51 pm - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
Welcome, and congrats on an uneventful surgical experience! I am also in my 50's, 3 1/2 weeks post-op, and had no complications. This great group of people has been my lifeline, and I have found OH to be the place where I can share or ask anything and people will understand. Best of luck to you--keep us posted!

Terri

Ctteacher
on 12/28/12 1:15 pm
VSG on 11/12/12

Congratulations!  Oh, my goodness, I can't believe you went home the same day!!  You are a warrior!  

I'm still a newbie, just over 6 weeks out.  I can promise you it gets better and better every day.  Hang in there, and welcome!!

melanieannd
on 12/28/12 1:40 pm - TX
VSG on 06/13/12

Congratulations! I also had a hernia repair that I didn't know I even had. ;) I also had an uneventful surgery, was walking every 2 hours. My visit included a 2 night stay, was only on iv for the first day. Did not take any pain meds once I left the hospital though, I was way more concerned with walking and drinking! Don't be afraid to post on here. :) As you get more comfortable with your body, you will probably become much less shy. I know I have, and I still have a loooooong way to go. Good luck on your journey, I look forward to hearing about more NSVs. :)

Check out my blog, http://www.missingmelanie.com and like me on Facebook. :) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Melanie/618740441485479

pineview01
on 12/28/12 2:39 pm - Davison, MI

Congratulations on your new sleeve.  According to my sister and DD they would have done better if they could have had their drain pulled and came home the same day.  They both where in pain in the hospital but as soon as their drains came out the both said they felt great.  The best to you on your journey.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

dmhe
on 12/28/12 6:49 pm - TX
Congrats & welcome, don't be shy, we are all in the same boat around here and just having somewhere to come helps so much on this adventure!

Sleeveless
on 12/28/12 7:42 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Welcome! Good luck on your journey and let us know how we can support you. :-)

jarabacoagirl
on 12/28/12 9:12 pm
VSG on 12/17/12

Hi there,  I'm Tammy. Congrats on your surgery.  I just had mine on the 17th.  I have fibromyalgia (only not lupus) too.  So I know a little where your coming from.  No fun being in pain.  Hopefully the surgery will help us somewhat with that as an added bonus. 

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

Newtowngirl66
on 12/28/12 10:09 pm - Newtown, PA
VSG on 01/23/13

Seeing all these replies for Janet is an inspiration!! I am getting sleeved on Jan 23rd and with excitement comes sooo many other emotions that seem to be overwhelming me right now. Including but of course not limited to FEAR!!.

I am having trouble staying in the positive right now.. Knowing that for so many reasons I want this surgery(health being #1). But now that I have a date, I see all the weight loss ads on TV and a little voice is saying "Now y cant u try that instead?"

I made this weight loss/VSG my full time job for the past few months with some stalls along the way, but was motivated the whole time. Now that it is reality fear has set in.. hhmmm

HELP...

Keep me pumped!!  :) indecision

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views