Gut hunger

kenwilliams
on 12/28/12 11:00 pm

I'm starting my fourth day of my liquid diet.  Not so much trouble with head hunger but horrible gut hunger.  I have over four more weeks left.  How long does it take for the pangs to subside?  I'm miserable, but not going to stop. 

Speedtrap
on 12/28/12 11:30 pm - Canada
VSG on 11/09/12
Is this a Dr. Recommended diet?
4weeks of liquids seems like an awful long time, I don't think I have ever heard of someone on a liquid diet (pre-op diet) for more than 2-3 weeks.

karismommy231
on 12/28/12 11:34 pm
VSG on 11/05/12

what are you allowed on your liquid diet? I was two weeks on Optifast soups, shakes and bars. But I;ve known people up to 6 weeks being on a liquid diet.

What helped me was a small salad for lunch daily and the protein soups.

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

kenwilliams
on 12/28/12 11:44 pm

I'm on Optifast shakes for five weeks.  My program usually requires six or more weeks.  It's closely monitored.

pineview01
on 12/29/12 11:51 am - Davison, MI

My therapist had to do the Optifast as her monitored diet too.  This was before approval for surgery, is that what you are doing too.  Or am I wrong and this is for the surgery itself.  Either way, I drank LOTS to keep my tummy happy during my two weeks pre-op diet I was on.  We couldn't eat anything else, no salads.  My tummy got used to it after three days so at day four I was pretty much having to make myself drink the next shake when it was time.  I guess you just get numb.

Good Luck!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

kenwilliams
on 12/29/12 8:18 pm

Thank you.  My Optifast is for my upcoming surgery on January 30th.  I guess I just needed to hear that others have survived this.  I've been drinking lots of water and hoping things will get better since I have so long left on it.

pineview01
on 12/30/12 10:52 am - Davison, MI

You should start doing better now I hope.  Most post they do after day 3/4.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active