My "I'm Full Sign"

Alice M.
on 12/27/12 11:19 pm - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

I'm almost 4 weeks post op and have finally found my "I'm full" sign!  Seemed like I could drink all day and never really felt a signal.  Now that I am adding more textures and foods to my diet I have found it.  I get a slight pressure under my breast bone and then (horrors!!!)  I start burping!!!   I always tried so hard to teach my kids (failed with the boys and 1 of my girls) that it wasn't polite to burp or fart, but after this surgery I have never been happier to do both!   Needless to say they are all teasing my something horrible.  "MOOOOMMMM!  That's not polite!"   Oh well atleast they listened to me.  Couldn't be happier.  Love my sleeve.

Alice

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

SW (6/27/12) - 255   PreOp (12/3/12) - 210   

Auveca
on 12/28/12 12:23 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
I get the pressure too, but my nose runs too!

kathyslife3
on 12/28/12 1:48 am - CA

Alice, I can relate I feel this pressure then Burp!!!!burp burp burp, and even some gas from the other side flows, never knew others had the same experience...congrats on the road so far,  I am tree months out and 59 more pounds to go but glad i did the sleeve its giving me back my life and i can wake up in the A.M. without feeling so terrible and self conscience anymore,  have a happy new year...

kathyslife3
on 12/28/12 1:49 am - CA

three

Saukratees
on 12/28/12 5:05 am - GA
VSG on 11/14/12

Cindi A.
on 12/28/12 8:45 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

Yup, that's me too. A slight pressure behind the breastbone which gets worse if I don't obey and stop right away, and then some good hearty burps, which I try to masquerade when people are around. LOL .

I know it's good we have a sign when to stop but I hate the belching! My partner thinks it's hilarious because I always gave him a rough time for belching. But when it's just us at home I let the belches loose because it feels so much better. He wants me to learn to belch words! Men!! LOL

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

paisley987
on 12/28/12 11:22 pm
VSG on 09/24/12

I don't burp, I hiccup.  My friends can always tell when I've been eating..  I hear it wears off the longer you are out.  Let's hope!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views