I'm sleeved wooo!

laDeelila
on 1/4/13 5:30 pm - NJ
Well the odd thing waz my absolute calm feeling right up until the anesthesia put me out. After was another story. Holy crap was unconfortable and freaking out. So confused. That subsided thankfully.

I had a ton of nausea. Went for the swallow test and almost couldnt fini**** I had to choke it down uggh. The test went fine with no leaks and I stil had nausea like ceazy to where I couldnt start drinking my fluids or move around very well. Wanted to hurl everytime I went t the bathroom.

Well we figured out it was my pain meds. Lol I got everything switched and now im good with that mess. Im still in the hospital though, my surgeon found it bezt to stay to work on fluidz while I can be in iv infused so I dont go home dehydrated and have to come back.

Plain water goez down like a rock... whats up with that? I can eat ice and water with a drop of apple juice. And beef broth. My new nurse wont give me tea or the water with apple juice because she says Im not aloud although it was my bariatric nurse practitioners that mixed it for me. Eh I dunno, I want everyone to get their **** together so I can go home.

Other than that I feel pretty good.
laDeelila
on 1/4/13 5:33 pm - NJ
Sorry for all fhe crazy mispells. Im using my phone which isnt great for long comments
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/13 5:38 pm - Southeast, TX

woohoo...how exciting for you!! congrats and good luck!!

pineview01
on 1/4/13 6:18 pm - Davison, MI

Congrats!  I'm so excited for you.  Glad you got the nausea thing worked out.  Both my DD and sister had the same issue.  After they stopped the morphine and switched both felt better.  Also they said when the drain came out they felt OK instead of miserable.

Keep us informed.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Kirk Hunt
on 1/4/13 7:09 pm - Bremerton, WA
VSG on 01/03/13

Congratulations! I am 2 days post-op and can appreciate your experience. You'll feel a lot better when you are home and in familiar surroundings.

Sleeveless
on 1/4/13 7:14 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Good for you for already posting and being chipper! After my sleeve op all I could do was sleep.

Glad you're over the nausea. You will start feeling better each day. Remember to sip and walk. Congrats and welcome to the sleeved side.

jenlaur1
on 1/4/13 8:11 pm - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

surgery down, home next!  I'm the same way..anesthesia and pain meds make me nauseous.  I learned that when I had my gallbladder out way back in 2001.  Anyway...hope the folks there can help you get on your way home.  Take it easy and slow and before you know it, you'll be home and feeling a whole lot better.  

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

HopeFaith
on 1/4/13 10:03 pm - TX
VSG on 12/28/12

Congratulations!

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/13 10:46 pm - Worcester, MA
VSG on 02/25/13

Congrats!!!! It all gets better as the days go on. Just keep thinking that everyday gets better! Good luck in your future!

Sarah W.
on 1/4/13 11:08 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/27/12
Plain water at first was hard for me as well.

Congratulations! Sending you good thoughts for a quick and easy recovery!

Sarah 5'3" VSG 9/27/12 KC Bariatric Center. Find me on MFP! Sarah829522.  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views