Medicare

mokee
on 1/5/13 8:22 pm - OH
I promised when I was sure Medicare paid for the sleeve I would tell you all. I just received notice from the hospital that Medicare paid most of the bill from my sleeve surgery done on November 28, 2012. MEDICARE does pay for the sleeve.
kenwilliams
on 1/5/13 11:51 pm

Congratulations!  I'm very happy for you.  The dirty little truth about Medicare and the sleeve is that coverage varies by geographical location.  Where I live it is still not covered due to a decision made by some nameless faceless bureaucrat.  I was fortunate enough to get a cancelation spot at the Pittsburgh VA for January 30th.  If not for the cancelation it would have been another year wait.  I am looking forward to joining you on the loser's bench.  

kenwilliams
on 1/5/13 11:53 pm

My updated ticker :)

deedeebay
on 1/6/13 6:45 am

HI,   COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW MUCH OF THE BILL DID YOU HAVE TO PAY AFTER MEDICARE PAID ITS PART.  I HAVE A  APPOINTMENT SENT FOR JAN 8 TH 

Sunset1374
on 1/6/13 10:46 am - CT
VSG on 11/28/12

Congrats on your surgery.  I had mine on 11/28/12 too and I also had Medicare.  I have Medicare and title 19 which paid 100% of my sleeve. Hope all is well with you after surgery.

mokee
on 1/7/13 2:59 am - OH
Deedebay

I also have bcbs fed so the surgery and all the testing I went thru did not cost me anything. But the premiums I pay are $630 a month for bcbs and Medicare.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views