Warning to Men: Menstrual Cycle question..lol

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/4/13 9:37 pm

Okay so I haven't had a cycle in like three years.  Now I am one month out of surgery and have started my second cycle...what the heck?  Did this happen to anyone else?  Really, I thought I had been through menopause...surprise, surprise, surprise!!!

dmhe
on 1/4/13 10:03 pm - TX
It happened to me too, I had an edometrial ablation a few years ago and they stopped, I started again about 3 months ago. Really light, but consistant and I get real hungry for a few days before. Who knew that fat messed with your hormones so much...

MomofMarch
on 1/4/13 10:03 pm - GA

When you lose weight, it is COMPLETELY normal for cycles to start, stop, or completely changed at any age. I have had very strange cycles almost all of my life due to PCOS. Since I started losing weight, they've stopped completely. (Due to lack of calories, etc.) Things will start to level out on their own. Fat actually contains a lot of hormones, so it will affect things differently for everyone. If they start to become a serious problem (I had a cycle that lasted 2 1/2 months), definitely talk with your gyno. My surgeon warned me of cycles changing and also becoming SUPER fertile within the first year. I highly suggest birth control of some sort. :)

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

JAlston
on 1/4/13 10:38 pm
VSG on 12/07/12

Surprise! Me too. I had surgery 4 weeks ago and have been on my period for 2 weeks tomorrow! UGH! Gotta love hormones.

Good luck!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

moonglo82
on 1/4/13 11:01 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Yep. In my first six months I had two periods a month. It sucked big time, but things finally did level out after that.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/4/13 11:44 pm

Thanks folks...and just to note I am 50 and had a tubal...so if I get pregnant...the sleeve will have impacted more than just the size of my stomach....lol.  I figured it probably had to do with the weight loss, but glad to hear others have gone through the same thing.

GettingFitBy40
on 1/5/13 4:29 am - Antioch, CA
I had the Mirena IUD inserted in May and hoped my period would stop, but NOPE, not my luck! It visits me every month on time every time! I got it because I do not want anymore children, one is enough for me! Since deciding I wanted WLS, so glad I have this because I do not want any accidents during this extra fertile time! I will take a period over pregnancy any day!

Jennifer

HRW : 268 | CW: 260 | SW: needs to be 230 or less | GW: 135 | VSG in 2013!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/5/13 6:42 am
VSG on 10/09/12
I have had a Mirena IUD since about 14 years ago now, or maybe 10... A long time anyway! And it had stopped my periods for the whole time. Since surgery I have had a period from two days after surgery and every 28 days since....my Gynie says no big deal. I am pissed...I really hate having the period again. But...such is life..

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views