Illness

Missey J.
on 1/7/13 4:15 pm - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with

Has anyone else had any issues with chronic illnesses since surgery ? I am a little over 4 months out and been having some major health issues. I can't seen to get well since the surgery and the leak repair. Spent a month in the hospital right after surgery, had a feeding tube and drain for awhile.And every since I keep catching a cold or the flu over and over again. My lab numbers where great at my check ups so thats not a issue. Any advice would be welcomed.

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
jenlaur1
on 1/7/13 7:04 pm, edited 1/7/13 7:04 pm - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

One of the things my family had to do before my husband came home from having a stem cell transplant (when he left the hospital, he basically had a brand new immune system..like a newborn baby..so, very easy to get sick) we had to clean the house from top to bottom.  It might be good to take some of those Chlorox wipes and wipe down the doorknobs/handles/drawer pulls, faucets, etc.  Do a very thorough cleaning if you're up to it.  If not..get someone to help you.  Make a point of washing your hands often and having anyone else who comes into your house (family/friends) take shoes off at the door and to wash hands right away.  That's all I can think of if your labs are coming back okay.  Hope you can feel better and get totally well real soon.  

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 359 views