Finally...

mep57
on 1/9/13 7:47 am

I posted on here last week that my insurance  Aetna) had denied me my surgery. Well I got a new surgery scheduler/insurance coordinator and I received the call this evening I had been waiting for. THEY APPROVED MY SURGERY!!!!!!!! YEAH. I am so happy, I cant believe it is finally going to happen. I am scheduled for February 26th. There is a GOD and prayers do work. I had almost, but not quite given up. Thanks everyone for all your ideas and words of encouragement. I can not wait. Love you guys!!!!!!

pineview01
on 1/9/13 7:57 am - Davison, MI

Congratulations on fighting to get the insurance to approve you and getting a date.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mep57
on 1/9/13 8:36 am

Thanks. It was a long hard battle. The approval came so fast and I was surprised but am not complaining. LOL.

IHeartMexico
on 1/9/13 9:00 am
VSG on 01/21/13

I am so happy for you , congratulations !!

I have Aetna and was denied at first for lack of  proper documentation notes from the NUT .. go figure but they re submitted more robust notes and i was approved. i have my surgery on Jan 21st.

Christine

pineview01
on 1/10/13 2:19 am - Davison, MI

Can't wait you and I'll be sleeved a day apart.  I would have loved to have it the 21st.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

vas0326
on 1/9/13 10:35 am - OR
VSG on 01/02/13

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you!! A whole new life is awaiting you. Best of luck in your journey! Lots of love

MadsMommy
on 1/9/13 11:04 am
VSG on 05/20/13

wooo hooo what great news!! :) :) I also have Aetna, did you submit after 3 or 6 months?

mep57
on 1/18/13 2:15 pm

After three months. I was surprised too. Aetna seems to have some pretty strict criteria.  My next battle was with my employer. They wanted me to postpone my surgery till June and they tried to withhold my FMLA. Believe me I was not happy and I finally won because I would not back down. We have a "busy" season where I work and it usually doesnt start till late March or April, so they did not want me off on leave. They required me to get something from my family Dr to say that this surgery was medically necessary and that I needed to have it ASAP. blush This has been a long hard battle and I thank God I have won. Come on February 26th, I am ready for my new life.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views