stuck!

jodi80
on 1/13/13 10:11 am

Just feeling really down, I am proud of my weight lost (98pds 14 months)but know I can be down more if I was working it better.. I hit a point about 5 months ago and have not lost a pound.. havent gained but haven't lost.. I am still working out but some of my comfort food has enter my life again (bad i know)... The sucky part is knowing what to do but not using the tools.. Just needed to hop on the page and read some stories in hopes I can pull it back together.. Thanks for listening

Jandlsmom
on 1/13/13 10:29 am - IN

I'm still very new (5 days post surgery), but I still remember it took me 3 or 4 days to get over some of my carb withdrawal when I started the pre-op diet.  I figure it will be like that again when I start adding too many carbs in my diet someday.  Darn it all!  You have done a great job losing and know you can do it again if you want to!  Plus, you've kept off 98lbs for 5 months!!  I'm very humbled by your success and hope to do as well as you have!!  Good Luck!

moonglo82
on 1/13/13 10:39 am
VSG on 03/29/12

The good news is that it sounds like you've found your maintenance range. 

The other good news is that it sounds like you know what you need to do if you want to get back to losing.

It's tough once we start letting "bad" foods back in... but the OTHER good news is that you still have your sleeve and you know how to use it :)  You can do this! 

A few other thoughts:

-are you tracking your food?  If not, no time like the present to start.

-are you drinking your water?  How much?

-are there any easy areas to trim out calories, like calorie-dense liquids, that you could get rid of?

-how's the exercise these days?

Like I said, you can do this.  The fact that you're here owning up to it is a great sign :)

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views