A Hula Hooping Dork NSV

RHCP
on 1/18/13 1:00 am - Poughkeepsie, NY

When I was a little girl I could NEVER EVER Hula Hoop- no way wasnt happening! I was just too round!

When I got older I started to got to music festivals- and I always admired all the beautiful hippy girls Hula Hooping and dancing. My good friend Cher is one of those girls and I would always try her hoop- it's a much bigger hoop and it's weighted- sapposta make it easier- yeah right! NOT FOR ME! Still to round!

So last summer I decided over the winter I would get myself a hoop and damn it I'm going learn how to use it! Well a few weeks ago I went to CT to visit Cher and was telling her I was going to order my hoop in the next few weeks- she was happy and took her hoop out- don't ya know-my skinny ass was able to do it! I couldn't believe it- I could never even get it to go around me once and now I'm standing there hooping like a crazy woman! 

So last week I ordered my Hula Hoop- and I am like a little kid all exciting waiting for it to arrive in the mail- WHAT A DORK! But I can't wait to practice, learn some fun moves and get in some great exercise!

One of my favorite NSV thanks to my sleeve!  Do you hoop for exercise? Any tips??

BluIzGal
on 1/18/13 1:41 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I hoop and take classes through my local community centre. They are certified by Hoopnotica. I also have their DVD to use at home. I have managed to acquire five hoops so far. An excellent workout it using two hoops at once. What an abdominal workout. Don't be surprised if you end up with bruising on your sides when you first start hooping. 

RHCP
on 1/18/13 2:06 am - Poughkeepsie, NY

OMG 2 hoops at once!!! LOL I can't imagine!

I will have to see if there is any classes near me-I never thought to check!  AND I will ahve to look for that DVD!

THANK YOU!

SweetJanee
on 1/18/13 2:00 am
VSG on 03/26/13
:D I'm so with u!! I've been trying n trying. So about a month agofound a weighted one at Ross' LOVE IT ...ummm still cant hula I can hoop lol I love feeling like a kid. At every family get together they have a hula hooping contest. My hubby daughter n son!!! Its like their thingummy so jelly :) wellhappy for your skinny a$$ wtg u gave me hope one day I too shall hoop lol!
SweetJanee
on 1/18/13 2:02 am
VSG on 03/26/13
Wt?? I meant to say its my family's thing lol yep I'm the only chubby one
RHCP
on 1/18/13 2:08 am - Poughkeepsie, NY

I understand completely! It was so frustrating seeing people pick it up and go.  I am sure your hooping day's are coming! :) 

Christine Heusinger
on 1/18/13 2:39 am - GA

Whoa... doesn't it make you sick to your little, bitty tummy???

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views