This may sound strange, but....

rockymtnrobbi
on 1/18/13 9:55 pm
VSG on 01/14/13

I am 5 days post op and I am craving the urge to chew, to crunch something in my mouth. Is that weird or normal?? Last night was torture as my daughter's made pizza for dinner. It smelled heavenly, not gonna lie. 

MomofMarch
on 1/18/13 10:29 pm - GA

It's completely normal! I started to miss chewing during my pre-op diet. lol I put ice in my protein shakes and put them in my ninja/blender. It gave me enough crunch to chew on without damaging/sabotaging myself. :)

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

sleevegirl
on 1/18/13 10:49 pm - Austin, TX

Sugar Free Popscicles were my savior during this time. Crunchy and cold and went down great. I ate 3-5 per day sometimes. LOL... plus, it counts towards your liquid :) Make sure your surgeon is good with it but it was on my clear list.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

dec721
on 1/18/13 11:04 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with

Ditto the sf popsicles!

--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Keith L.
on 1/18/13 11:16 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Totally normal. You have to change your mindset about food. You will be faced with literally thousands of choicest and decisions over the coming weeks and months. Your family and friends cannot suffer because of your choice to have this surgery.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

KittyKarin
on 1/19/13 12:00 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

I am 10 days post op and I am feeling the same thing. I was o****il almost a week out and then I started having cravings for things I saw on the TV commercials and different restaurants that I realized I hadn't eaten at for a long time. I wrote a blog yesterday about how strange it is to do everyday activities like shopping without the normal food and drinks that I associate it with. Last night, I ordered my stepsons pizza and I was dreading it coming into the house. It's not real hunger, it's all in my head! I have such a desire to eat and chew food.  Hopefully, by having this new tool, we can develop new habits because we have to!  I had some creamy soup last night and the urge for pizza was much less.  Good luck!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

smashlee
on 1/19/13 12:17 am
VSG on 12/17/12
^^This! All this. I am totally fine during the day and night time commercials have me drowning in drool over pizza and giant burgers. I don't really want the burger but my head does. Just one of the new things to overcome but worth it.
***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

rockymtnrobbi
on 1/19/13 1:35 am
VSG on 01/14/13

I agree, the  commercials are driving me a little nutty. I do love the Popsicles, they are a saving grace!!! Thanks guys!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views