DO YOU RECOMMEND UNJURY??

koon5
on 1/20/13 11:32 am

I love this site! It has been so helpful as I have surgery scheduled in 10 days. Just wondering if people like "Unjury" to get their protein in the 1st week or so. That is what my doctor recommends but wondering about other options or brands.

Thanks in advance :)

LNC62
on 1/20/13 11:43 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

I highly recommend Unjury.  I like the chocolate and the chicken soup.  I use scoop of Unjury vanilla with a packet of healthwise orange for a creamsicle taste and 35 gms of protein.  I also recommend the Syntrax chocolate truffle as well as their lemon tea and vanilla bean torte. 

If you like fruit flavors, the healthwise orange and wild berry are really good.  They are also good to add to the plain greek yogurt when you get to the pureed stage.  I add half a package to give an additional 7.5 gms of protein.  You'll find at first that getting in the protein and water is tough, so you want to get it in where you can. 

So that's my 2 cents worth.  Good luck to you.

ruggie
on 1/20/13 11:45 am - Sacramento, CA

I like both Unjury and Syntrax.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

karismommy231
on 1/20/13 11:48 am
VSG on 11/05/12

There are many options for protein. Just do a search on GNC.com. Most ppl on here drink IsoPure right after surgery (get it at GNC or order it online). I never have so I cannot comment on it. Do NOT do the bullets like New Whey though! The source of protein in those things are not absorbed by the body. Right after surgery my surgeon didn't want me focusing on protein for ten days but everyone doctor is different. His focus was on getting in enough clear liquids and I lived on SF jello, popsicles and clear type broths for ten days. It was hell but I survived.

I use protein powders or RTDs (ready to drink) that are whey protein isolate or whey protein concentrate. They give you the most bang for your buck (absorbed by your body the best). Make sure you read labels!!

Yes Unjury is good but I hated their Chicken protein powder!! It is too salty and clumps easy. I still have a whole can of it. I am thinking of using it possibly in a soup someday but it gets clumpy at 140 degrees F and hard to work with. Anyone with an idea of how to use up my Unjury chicken protein powder??

So yes Unjury is good overall. I have tried their vanilla and chocolate samples for shakes and they tasted good. I also have their unflavored powder and I know this is highly recommend on these boards to get in your extra protein. Just put it in stuff like mashed potatoes (if you are allowed those) or cottage cheese or whatever. Nothing too hot though. Just remember cold Unjury is fine. Hot (140 degrees F and up) it doesn't work.

GL with your surgery!!!

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

Cindy B.
on 1/20/13 11:49 am
VSG on 10/22/12

I drank (or should I say tried to gag down) the Unjury clear protein during the first 10 day phase after surgery. It was about the nastiest thing I ever had to do! I absolutely hated it! I mixed it with Crystal Light and still had a really hard time drinking it. I wasn't brave enough to try it in my Jello or anything else. I will admit I have sensitive taste buds, but I just really didn't like it at all. I tried a couple of clear protein "shots", even though some people seem to be against them and that helped me get most of my protein in. I also kept doing the best I could with the Unjury and was really happy when I was let onto the next phase...Good luck in your upcoming surgery.

JAlston
on 1/20/13 11:52 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I love Unjury's chicken soup, it is my all time favorite and was my saving grace right after surgery. I also have Unjury's chocolate splendor. I mix that with warmed unsweetened almond/coconut milk...yummy!

I have a bunch of packets of the unflavored because I didn't like it the first time I tried it so I haven't brought myself to try it again. It is not tasteless.

I also have the Unjury protein'd cheese which seemed to be all the rage but I think that it is absolutely disgusting. I tried it on many things pre-op but thought it was gross...I keep telling myself I will try it again post op.

Good luck!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

koon5
on 1/20/13 11:53 am

Thanks for your input! I haven't heard on Syntrax!

karismommy231
on 1/20/13 12:05 pm
VSG on 11/05/12

Mint cookie syntrax is so good!! I get samples on mybariatricpantry.com

I've tried Protizyme. That is good too. Except the "cake" flavors. Yuk.

Powdered proteins make me nauseated but I used them a lot in the first 6 weeks. I now use Premiere protein RTDs.

anyone taste the iced tea version?? how is it?

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

Wildcat-NYC
on 1/20/13 12:18 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

I couldn't stand it...order samples before spending money on the big tub.  I use Syntrax nectar vanilla and chocolate on a daily basis.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/13 1:32 pm, edited 1/20/13 1:39 pm

Where did you guys order the samples from.... found samples on Unjury..... but can't find samples of the other brands

Thks

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views