Pre-op Diet Questions.. There's a lot of them!!

hollykim
on 1/22/13 10:41 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Be sure to check out the nutrition profile on your shake selections. You want protein isolate,preferably as it is the most bioavailable to us meaning we absorb it best.

You want more protein than carbs and the highest protein you can find.

Look at the carb breakdown and see how much of the carbs are sugar. want to keep the sugar low to 0.fiber is always good.

look at the ingredient list things that in in "itol" are sugar alcohols and while most people don't absorb them and cause a blood sugar spike,i do absorb them so I have to be careful. SA can also cause the stinkiest poots and diarrhea for some. you will have to see how they affect you.

Fructose and other ing. ending in ose are sugar hiding behind big words.

T

he Vitamin Shoppe and GNC both offer a full refund even on powders that are open,as long as you have your receipts.This is a huge help cause some items only come in huge tubs.

Many sites online offer samples for little money. WWW.vitalady.com who the owner is one of us offers many samples very reasonably priced. She is a Godsend .

I never have found a RTD ready to drink shake I could stand,but fort many that is all they CAN stand so everyone's mileage,again varies. you will find that to be true in so many ways on this journey.

If you are interested in more natural products jay Robb has stevia sweetened products and from milk of cows not treated with hormones or growth enhancers. also,some of my favs:

WWW.drmercola.com

www.teraswhey.com. both are excellent.

G

ood luck on your shopping.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views