Sleeved, home and resting!

nmcmanus66
on 1/24/13 7:21 am - CA

so i'm home now since tuesday. surgery was early monday am. i'm feeling ok. i am taking the pain meds as needed during the day only and using it at night to help get good sleep. i will say this, if you have anxiety or panic attacks, make sure they know because i had to be given adavan like every three hours. with the tubes in my nose/throat and the pain my anxiety was like 1000% so thank god my husband knew to tell them when he saw me getting worked up. i am up walking around a little more each day. the most pain i'm having today is from this damn drain tube.

pre-sleevers be sure you have someone there every minute for the first 5 days or so. i had my sister here from the minute i went into surgery until this afternoon when my daughter was able to come and stay. im probably ok for the most part but you know you can't bend really so if my feet get cold i need someone to put my sockies on (LOL) i'm taking full advantage of all the special care!!

IHeartMexico
on 1/24/13 7:26 am
VSG on 01/21/13
Welcome home sleeve mate !

I'm not having huge pain - I'm managing it with children's liquid Tylenol. I'm sure we will feel so much better in a few days ! Rest and enjoy the special treatment !

Ciao ~

Christine

thinnersinner
on 1/24/13 9:30 am

Good point about the anxiety/panic attack issues.  About 2 weeks after surgery, my anxiety spiked and it sent me to the ER.  I spent two days with anxiety attacks coming every 15 minutes or so and I was completely exhausted.  I had never experienced anything like it.  There really wasn't any reason to suffer like that because Ativan worked wonderfully.  Glad to hear you are doing well!

chubby_cinderella
on 1/24/13 10:58 am
VSG on 01/28/13
Glad your doing well! I'll be sleeved this Monday! Can't wait!

bibbitybobbityboo

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views