3 days post and questions

AppyGrl
on 1/26/13 12:54 am
VSG on 01/23/13

First off I can't wait to not remember any of this pain... I am tired, nauseous, and very very sore. I am scared to death of not getting enough water and dehydrating I feel like I am pushing myself but every sip makes me nauseous. I combat this by walking. Each time I get on the treadmill I try to beat my last time. I am up to 25 mins @ .8 mph. Most of the surgical gas has released (never thought I or my husband would be so happy to hear me fart). I am now trying to add in some protein to add some strength. I have heard many on here say that what I am feeling from my stomach is not huger however I don't really feel hunger but like a sugar bomb ha**** my stomach, also making me nauseous. 

Am I heading in the right direction? Am I normal? My doc says everything is going as it should but I guess this is the part they don't tell you about.

MomofMarch
on 1/26/13 12:58 am - GA

My first week, the doc didn't want me to worry about protein, but working towards staying hydrated. Did they send you home with any nausea meds? Also, it could be the acid in your stomach making you feel yucky. Did they give you any PPI (Nexium or something of the sort)?

It does sound like something many of us have gone through. I hope you have some answers soon and are feeling better!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

vabella
on 1/26/13 1:21 am - TX

What your feeling is normal.  You will feel tired for a while but in time you will feel better.  Keep walking and sip sip sip not big ones just small all day long and you will be ok.  As the days go bye it will get better. Important thing is sip sip and walk walk it does not have to be fast just get up and move a round every 30 min or so. Just hang in there your dong great.

jen

Cindy B.
on 1/26/13 1:38 am
VSG on 10/22/12

My suggestion also is to make sure you're taking your acid medicine. I'm guessing the nausea you're experiencing is from the acid in your stomach. Everything else sounds pretty normal. Aside from the gas (which was something I don't think I totally understood before the surgery) I didn't really have much pain. The pain was mostly in my back and shoulders. Things should be getting a little better every day.

IHeartMexico
on 1/26/13 1:48 am
VSG on 01/21/13
I had surgery on Tuesday , I am still sore on my right side and still tired . I am focusing on just getting liquids in and walking , next week I will look to add in protein shakes. I was able to sip on a shake yesterday took me several hours but I got it in. I'm trying to let my body rest after this major surgery .

Good luck and I hope you start to feel better soon !

Christine

rissa1224
on 1/26/13 7:29 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Had my VSG 12/5. Do not worry about protein. Even if you cant get 64oz of liquids in- dont worry. I mixed my water with lemonade flavored vimtamin water ZERO. It went down easier than just plain water for me. Let any gas come out! I mostly burped but anything helped. You are soooo normal dont worry. I was mad and angry and frustrated after surgery, but i knew it would get better. And it does! I promise you that. All I had for about 2 weeks was liquids. Not even protein or vitamins. Then about towards the middle of the 2nd week I had slowly sugar free choc pudding. TMI but it gave me the runs after 15 min into the small amount I was eating. It is just your new stomach adjusting to something besides liquids. It happened a few times those first few days of eating SF pudding, jello, and then yogurt. 

daniparis
on 1/26/13 8:05 am - Richardson, TX

I am 3 weeks post op...and let me tell you, I feel great. each and every day you will get closer to feeling normal..Do you still have staples...The day I got those out I instantly felt 1000X better. Keep up the walking, Gas-x strips are your friend, smaller sip, and you wont believe how much better you will be doing by this time next week.

I agree, start worrying about protein in week 2, this week just keep hydrated.

Keith L.
on 1/26/13 10:50 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Yep Normal. The pain could be stomach acid. I have always had problems with stomach acid but immediately following my surgery it was really bad. Consider taking some Prevacid or Prilosec. It helped a lot early on. If you are getting your water down you are doing better than a lot of people. The very fact that you are thinking about becoming dehydrated and sticking with the water you are doing good. Sounds like you are on the right track.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Kellimcc
on 1/27/13 5:50 am - OH
I also had my surgery on Tuesday and feeling just as crappy and mad that you are! This nausea is the worst. I am not worrying too much about any protein substance although I will say when I sip on a shake about 15 minutes into it o getting relief from the slight diarrhea it's causing because it also lets out a tom of gas along with it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views