Protein powders Isopro? Unjury? Other choices?

hope2013
on 1/27/13 8:37 am - Philadelphia, PA
I am four (4) days away from being sleeved....& I have a question;
I purchased Isopro (mango-pineapple) powder & was wondering if any one else used this as their choice of protein post-op?

I've been lurking on this site & noticed many people promoting unjury...now I'm second guessing my choice.

Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all.

hope2013

pineview01
on 1/27/13 8:47 am, edited 1/27/13 9:05 am - Davison, MI

I am 5 days post-op from the sleeve.  On my cupboard right now is Unjury Unflavored, Nectar - Fuzzy Navel, Strawberry Mousse, Vanilla Bean Torte, Chocolate Truffle, Lattes Cappuccino & "Natural" Peach, EAS Vanilla and WonderSlim - Peach, Strawberry Cream, Vanilla Cream, Chocolate Cream also Premier - Vanilla & Chocolate.  They all have one thing in common, they taste like dog doo.

Many of these I liked/loved before surgery.  I sure hope my taste comes back around as there are several hundred $$$$ sitting there.  I will say the WonderSlim are the best at this time and don't have the strong metal taste of the rest at this point.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

AmyB1012
on 1/27/13 9:23 am

second nector! It what the surgeons office recommends too. I have strawberry mouse but have tried coffee and fuzzy naval. both are really good. The isopure drink they gave me in the hospital was gross

Keith L.
on 1/27/13 9:44 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

There are many sites where you can purchase samples. I highly recommend getting a hold of a few before you commit to a brand. I find I get tired of a brand after a while. I have a container of staples one chocolate and one vanilla. Beyond that I utilize sample to find flavors I like and one brand that my have one or two flavors I find in favor of my have 10 other that I do not like at all. Google protein powder samples and you should find a few sites. Your local Vitamin Shoppe will probably have a few on hand too.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Lexie 84
on 1/27/13 10:38 am - Washington, DC
VSG on 03/13/12

For a clear (not powdered) water based protein drink, you can try Isopure. They come in a few fruity flavors. Some people don't like the after taste but it's one of the top proteins on the market. I use Body Fortress from Wal-Mart. (you may also find limited flavors at a CVS or local grocery store) for $14.99 for a large tub. It's my fav. I feel like I'm having a real treat when I drink them. I usually buy the Cookies N' Cream and Peanut Butter Chocolate. I always keep the basic flavors handy like vanilla and chocolate too when I want to make protein based stuff like cookies, pancakes, protein bake/bar, etc. Alot of people can go to GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc and spend $60+ for tub of powder but "I don't got it like that!"  So I was grateful when I found this one at Wal Mart. It's cheap and it tastes the best to me. It was on my surgeon's list of good proteins I could use.

hope2013
on 1/27/13 10:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
Wow! Thank you all so much...the feedback has given me more choices as backup...in the event the one I have turns out to be gross. I am going to research the information I just received & purchase a back up. Time is of the eccense since surgery is Thursday. Thank you all so much.

hope2013

Wildcat-NYC
on 1/27/13 12:05 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

I like syntrax nectar.  You can order samples on netrition.com.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
(deactivated member)
on 1/27/13 11:27 pm - CA

Be careful of stocking up too much!! Your tastebuds usually change after surgery!! The ready to drink premier chocolate shakes at Costco were my best friend for the first six months after surgery...

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views