Disney meal plan?

aled1223
on 1/27/13 6:06 am

We are planning a Disney World vacation for the summer.  Is the dinning plan worth it?   I wish I could get it for my husband and kids and not me.  I know I won't get the value out of it.   Anyone do this after being sleeved?  I had planned on rtd drinks and a few bites of protein off their plates but it all or nothing if you get the dinning plan.  Can't get it just for them and not me.

I'll be a year out in June.

shrinking_sarah
on 1/27/13 6:16 am - CA

I'd call them, explain the situation, and see if they will accommodate you.  At the very least, maybe you could get a child's rate?

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

pineview01
on 1/27/13 6:22 am - Davison, MI

They will NOT work with her.  If you get the plan, you pay for all by age.  We even went once with a tube fed child and they had to pay.  They did allow them to use his, except at buffets.

My DD is a TA that specialized in Disney Vacation,  Earned her EARS

Now if you DON'T get the plan, they charged my the child rate but it was up to the individual restaurant.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

pineview01
on 1/27/13 6:17 am - Davison, MI

I did it with my DD and her family.  I was banded and she was sleeved.  We got it free or, NO!  I got it for me and the two grandsons last May and I was sorry I did.  The only saving Grace was I Did all Character dinners for table service except one.  Had I not bought it I would have done cheaper Character Breakfast instead.  And less of them.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

sleevegirl
on 1/27/13 6:22 am - Austin, TX

It is worth it, the prices are CRAZY if you don't have it (we did all the math and even if I never ate at any place, we came out ahead with the plan) and we found we didn't worry about what we ordered. We just did it in June, so I was one year out.

BUT... we got adult plans for the kids (they won't eat off of kid's menus anyway) and I always shared with someone. So we didn't use my credits - BUT that was pretty awesome because we were able to have a character breakfast or two since it included one sit down and one quick service per day. We also were able to have breakfast the morning we left, etc etc.

With the leftover snack credits, we got rice crispie treat mickey heads for souvenirs.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

pineview01
on 1/27/13 6:30 am - Davison, MI

SleeveGirl I found myself the last day with tons of snake credit too and bought the Rice Krispy Treat Mickey heads for souvenirs too.

If you added all I bought that I wouldn't have without the plan it cost us.

sleevegirl
on 1/27/13 6:40 am - Austin, TX

Yeah. Like I said, when we added it up before figuring we'd spend moderately, we came out a little ahead. But that was with 4 adult meals for lunch and dinner (there were five of us, my sister came along). It worked out for us, but it really depends on what you would order. I know my family - they have expensive tastes.

In the end, of course, we came out WAY ahead because they ordered, literally, anything they wanted. I dunno, it was kind of nice to not worry about it too, so perhaps you're paying for the convenience of ordering the damn salmon two nights in a row. LOL!

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

pineview01
on 1/27/13 6:47 am - Davison, MI

Yeah, not you got me dreaming about Disney Salmon!

sleevegirl
on 1/27/13 7:10 am - Austin, TX

My fave thing actually was this rainy gross day and we had lunch reservations in, I think, Morroco in Epcot? Makare****hink was the name. I had the soup because I was cold and icky and OMG, it was the best soup I think I've ever had. LOL.

The kid's fave was, of course, T-Rex in Downtown Disney. I also really enjoyed Ohana, even though we had to use all credits because it was family/buffet style. Amazing food - we did the Lilo & Stitch breakfast too... SO well done.

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/13 12:53 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

Oh I had that same soup when we went there two years ago!  It was wonderful!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 87 views