6 months and 77 lbs down- not too bad.. new life, new outlook...

FloridaVSG
on 1/27/13 10:32 am - FL
VSG on 07/16/12

I received a notification from OH advising me that I was at my 6-month mark. Frankly, I had forgotten. I guess I was too busy living and somewhat forgot for a minute what this journey was all about: ACCOUNTABILITY. Before and right after surgery I was OBSESSED with OH. Obsessed. I couldn't go for a day, hours even without it. It is where I learned about my new life, got support, got motivated, got courage... Somewhere along the way I stopped checking in, got comfortable, got confident... Mistake. Overall, I feel I did really great considering the night and day life I am experiencing. However, I must admit that I would have like to perhaps see more drastic numbers. I spent the entire month of December eating comfortably, which stalled me a bit. The main difference now is that I am conscious- of everything I put in my mouth, of every emotion that triggers me, of corrective measures, of getting back on track, of everything... I am more in charge of my imperfect struggle. I no longer feel condemned. I feel that I am in transition towards the person I am meant to become.

The VSG remains the best decision I've made for myself. Had I known the life that was awaiting me 77 lbs away I would have done this a while back. However, in life, timing is everything. All the internal stars had to align to carry me through this journey. It was a complete overhaul to my life and the weight loss began the process. I moved to another country, seeking opportunities in other fields, socializing, daring, networking, living... I was in my own prison for so long that I had no idea life existed. I had resigned myself to being lost, miserable, depressed, and stagnant. What a difference 6 months make! wow!

I went from a 24 to a 16 and am now aiming to a 8-10 as the final number. However, one step at a time. My main concern remains the sagging skin and deflated breasts. However, I'd still rather have these than be in that old prison. I haven't exercised for 1 month since moving but gradually getting back into it. Gradually regaining my post-op discipline. As I read Elina's post yesterday regarding staying on track I realized that I must indeed stay on track at all times. Yes, there are modifications but the main post-op objectives should remain. Less than 600-800 calories and weight lifting and cardio. Moreover, self-forgiveness, self-healing, self love.

I RAN A 5K!!!! What a feeling that was! Indescribable! I did it to show myself how far I've come from. And I wan to run much more... Life is good on the other side of the bench guys... it is...

Hugs to all!

Pre-op/HW: 302- SW (7/16/2012): 296 lbs- GW: 160-150 lbs. Month 1: -32 lbs.- Month 2: -16 lbs.
www.theskinnygirlinsideofme.blogspot.com  

Shanda J.
on 1/27/13 10:45 am - IL
VSG on 02/11/13

Congrats!!! I can't wait to be on the same bench 15 more days!!!!

FloridaVSG
on 1/27/13 11:39 am - FL
VSG on 07/16/12

congrats on your decision!

Pre-op/HW: 302- SW (7/16/2012): 296 lbs- GW: 160-150 lbs. Month 1: -32 lbs.- Month 2: -16 lbs.
www.theskinnygirlinsideofme.blogspot.com  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views