Putting it out there......

lgm
on 1/28/13 12:04 am

I had been over weight for approximately 12 years.  In those twelve years I have realized my emotions have been completely out of it.  Only these past few days have I realized how unhappy I have really been in the past.  I have an amazing husband and three beautiful children.  Only now have I realized how much being overweight stopped me from loving myself and being happy.  My weight has put a stop on sooooo many things.

Last week I we had a family gathering and everyone told me how beautiful I am now.  I was floored.  They said not just by appearance but how I give out an internal glow and energy.  They were so amazed.  This weekend, I went to a party (different people)  and was told the exact same thing.  They said I was glowing and I looked so happy.  It made me take a moment and realize I am the happiest I have EVER been.  My surgery was the best thing I have ever done.  It gave me my life back!!!!

Lily

mimij
on 1/28/13 12:07 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Lily, I have been told the same thing. I am so pleased with my progress and how great I do feel inside and out. It is an amazing transformation. Best wishes to you Lily.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

AppyGrl
on 1/28/13 12:26 am
VSG on 01/23/13

Lily,

I want to share with you something that a woman in my support group did with her kids before she had surgery. She asked her kids to write/draw something that they have always wanted to do with her but never could due to her weight. She was very surprised when one child drew a picture of him wrapping his arms around her and the other wrote about a roller coaster ride he wanted to share with her. She had never known until that moment what her weight was doing to her family. She was proud to say at our last meeting that they had a trip planned to a local amusement park in the spring so she could ride with her son. 

I am not sure how this connects but I felt I should share. You are beautiful and I am so happy that you are able to see this through your health.

Have a great Monday!

lgm
on 1/28/13 12:35 am

WOW, I do connect, I just got back from Epcot in Walt Disney because I've been in hiding for the last couple of years and I am in no pictures with my kids these past few years.  Well for my Family trip to Disney I went and buy a video camera and taped away.  In the past I had such terrible self esteem issues!  This surgery has saved me mentally and physically.  I am no longer on pressure pills, no more borderline diabetic, no more depression.....Just happy and healthy!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views