Tomorrow is my Surgery

Carol O.
on 1/30/13 5:49 am - TN

Tomorrow is my surgery is I am getting scared by the hour!

lookingforhelp123
on 1/30/13 5:55 am

Just relax everything will be ok, I had my surgery  on the 15th and i was very scared. What are you scared of?

Carol O.
on 1/30/13 6:01 am - TN

I am scared of the pain....but I have a high threshold for pain, so hopefully it would be bad.

birdiela
on 1/30/13 6:09 am - Slidell, LA
VSG on 01/24/13

I had my surgery last Thur.  I too have a high pain threshold, and it really wasn't that bad.   I took pain meds twice in the hospital, and when I got home, I took it before I went to bed only because I was scared I wouldn't be able to sleep.   I haven't needed any since.    You'll do great!

Height:  5' 1"

Carol O.
on 1/30/13 7:47 am - TN

Your news is good!  Thank you for your encouragement.

kathyslife3
on 1/30/13 6:04 am - CA

i remember i was walking around, the day before surgery freaking out thinking at this time tomorrow i will be in my hospital room, etc etc...Go rent a movie or take a walk to take you mind off tomorrow...It will be here and over with before you know it and then you begin healing, getting in you water and protein, then the scale will show your daily successes , And you always have us at oh to help you through the rough times.......

Carol O.
on 1/30/13 6:09 am - TN

Thank you for your supportindecision

lookingforhelp123
on 1/30/13 6:14 am

Everyone's diffrent but were i was they gave me a push botton drip for pain and really i did not have any with that thing.

Don't be shy about asking for something more if you need it.

I took cross words and my tablet with me to give me something to do, and they had me up and walking within a few hours.

I would do the same watch some movies take your mind off it and maybe take something to help you sleep

WSheer
on 1/30/13 6:41 am

My Surgery is tomorrow as well.  I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 in the morning.  I am definitely feeling similar to you.  Even will go as far as saying I'm having 2nd thoughts. But  I do believe this is the best option I have of living a longer and healthier life.  I will be spending plenty of time tonight in prayer seeking God's peace.  I wish you the best of luck.  

Carol O.
on 1/30/13 7:56 am - TN

Good luck to you as well.  I will say a prayer for you and me and our new journey.  Good Bless!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views