Hair loss

mkiyoko2008
on 2/4/13 1:04 pm - TX
VSG on 10/03/12

So I officially started losing my hair. I know this is a common topic, but I am freaking out! Just when I started loving the way I look! It seems to be getting worse every week. Does anyone out there have a miracle pill????

emdesq
on 2/4/13 1:12 pm

Sigh, I wish! I am 17 months out, and am still recovering from hair loss. It's probably been the worst part of this experience! I just have to balance that piece of vanity against all of the other amazing and wonderful benefits of having surgery....and it seems LESS bad. Hang in there!!

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
mkiyoko2008
on 2/4/13 1:16 pm - TX
VSG on 10/03/12

I know its different for everyone. How much hair did you lose? And how did you deal with it? Did you need a wig?

HilaryH8103
on 2/4/13 5:08 pm - WA

How much hair have you lost so far? I haven't had the surgery yet but I do love my hair, it's thin but there's a lot of it. I don't want to lose a ton of my hair. To me, it's not worth it. I don't want to be bald...

mkiyoko2008
on 2/4/13 10:33 pm - TX
VSG on 10/03/12

As of now, you cant tell I'm losing hair. But I am starting to see more and more hair falling out. Believe me when I say despite my hair loss, I would not go back to the way I was before I had surgery.

emdesq
on 2/4/13 11:34 pm

It fell out slowly, then in bigger clumps. I always had fine hair, but lots of it.  Now it's fine and thin. I never had to resort to wearing a wig, but I had to do lots of creative cutting and styling. It's finally starting to come back in around the crown, but the ends are still really thin.  As annoying as it is, I would have surgery again in a HEARTBEAT. 

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
snbloom8
on 2/4/13 2:03 pm - WA
VSG on 06/03/13

Hi, I have not had my surgery yet, but I've had issues with stress related hair loss. The only thing I've found that helps has been Biotin. I've been taking it for almost a year now and the thinning I had up front is now almost all gone. Im still trying to thicken my hair in the back so Im going to keep taking them. I found them on amazon for a very reasonable price. I will definitely keep taking them after my surgery too. I hope this helps and congratulations on all your success!

carebear32958
on 2/4/13 2:44 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Sorry to burst your bubble sweetie, but its one of those inevitable things! I was losing massive clumps every day, I tried not brushing or combing my hair and going with that "homeless bum" look, I stopped washing it as often, I make sure to almost always reach my protein goals daily, I drink over 65 oz of water I take about 3000 mg of biotin daily, I have been using that Nioxxin shampoo thats supposed to help with hair loss and stil, STILL, I had these really thin bald looking spots all over.  The only solution for me was to chop it all off and keep if short enough that I can fluff the spots and fill in with a "faux" comb over.  LOL....The stylist said I have a lot of re-growth already but its just gonna take a few months for it to grow in so that its noticeable.  Hang in there, if this is the worst of our problems we are lucky! I even considered shaving my head completely in honor of my cousin battling cancer, and thought "Hey, I wouldn't be missing my hair!" LOL.... Good luck with everything! :)

Kari

HilaryH8103
on 2/4/13 5:10 pm - WA

It's different for everyone though right? I'm not willing to lose a lot of my hair. I'd rather be obese. I love my hair... Oh man, I'm a little freaked out now...

Hilary

toniosmom
on 2/4/13 6:42 pm
On February 5, 2013 at 1:10 AM Pacific Time, HilaryH8103 wrote:

It's different for everyone though right? I'm not willing to lose a lot of my hair. I'd rather be obese. I love my hair... Oh man, I'm a little freaked out now...

Hilary

Hmmm.....your comment disturbs me a little.  The hair loss is temporary and whatever you lose will grow back.  If it is really that horrible, wear hats or get a wig.  You won't be bald and it's TEMPORARY.  Not sure if you've had surgery yet, but if you'd rather be obese, then perhaps you need to think more about this before you have the surgery.  It's not magic and takes A LOT of work, and the work gets harder as time goes by.  The hair loss is just a little hurdle on the journey.  I wish you well.  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 75 views