Am I having to much?

koon5
on 2/10/13 1:06 am

I am 1 week post op surgery. When I drink broth or unjury I make 6-8oz. and can get it down just fine slowly sipping. Have I stretched my sleeve? I am reading other posts where people can only eat 2-4oz. at a time. Have I messed this up already?

Bella_Fein
on 2/10/13 1:09 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I could be wrong, but I believe when they say that they are referring to actual food. You should be able to drink 6-8 oz by sipping. In fact you should be doing that. Liquids go through you fairly quick. I doubt you have stretched your sleeve after 1 week of liquids.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

ruggie
on 2/10/13 1:12 am - Sacramento, CA

You cannot stretch your sleeve out with liquid.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/13 1:21 am

Liquid just goes right through you.  You can drink as much as you need to drink without any issues at all.  You will feel your restriction when you start eating mushies and then it will really kick in with solid food.  This is why we can so easily regain our weight later with drinking too many calories.  This is a great first lesson to you.  Good luck with your journey. 

koon5
on 2/10/13 1:24 am

Yes, I was reading about people eating actual food. Thanks so much for the replies. I was scared!!

JAlston
on 2/10/13 4:26 am
VSG on 12/07/12

It really is different for everyone, some people seem to have issues with liquids. I did not. Don't worry, you have not stretch your sleeve, like others said you aren't going to with liquid. Your Unjury drinks should be 8oz per 1 scoop, just so you know. I would take it as a good sign of healing that you are able to drink so well. I had some restriction right after surgery but it got better each day and while I will never be able to chug a drink again, I don't feel like I am drinking forever anymore. 

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views