Roasted corn for Elina's red chicken soup .....

Sheryl G.
on 2/10/13 2:07 am - IL
VSG on 09/17/12

I couldn't find roasted corn in the store. I did find corn on the cobb though. Anyone know how I roast it? I feel silly asking, but I really don't know. I googled a bit but it seems they expect the corn to still have the husk, which it does not. Can I use this corn?

If you change nothing, nothing will change.      

INgirl
on 2/10/13 2:12 am

Wrap in a couple layers of tin foil- and throw directly on the burner of your stovetop- turning frequently with tongs & checking. Or use the grill... Works well for roasting eggplant, would work for corn too I'd imagine. 

Sheryl G.
on 2/10/13 2:14 am - IL
VSG on 09/17/12

Thanks!  I will do that! :)

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/13 2:24 am

You just need a little bit and you can skip it completely if you want to.

Sheryl G.
on 2/10/13 2:40 am - IL
VSG on 09/17/12

we'll see how my first try goes at roasting over the stove .... I have 4 ears, thus 4 tries ;)  This is my first time making it and I want it to be exactly like the recipe. If I ruin all four, I'm sure it will still be delicious! Can't wait to try it!! Cold and wet here - perfect soup weather!

daniparis
on 2/10/13 8:25 am - Richardson, TX

Im still on pureed food..so roasted corn sounds yummy...but I will have to wait..But I have a very easy way to do it..I do this all the time to add to my chili:

1 small bag frozen corn, thawed

Pam spray

I cant believe its not butter spray ( optional)

Herbs- I use oregano and Thyme..or rosemary

Salt & pepper

Pre-heat oven to 375-spray glass casserole dish w/ pam...add corn, salt, pepper, and herbs, lightly stir....spray on top of the corn with pam & butter spray.cook in oven for 20 min...broil for the last few min if you want a nice brown color on the corn

Sheryl G.
on 2/10/13 9:23 am - IL
VSG on 09/17/12

I will definitely keep this in mind next time I make the soup! There isn't much corn in the recipe but what's there, tastes delicious! I now have 22 cups of soup! OMG! Glad there's room in my freezer! This stuff is super yummy!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views