Hiatal Hernia Surgery Post VSG

Steven S.
on 2/11/13 10:35 pm - MA
VSG on 04/12/12

I had my VSG surgery a little more than 9 months ago.  Best thing I ever did.  I'm just about at goal weight and can't be happier with it.

A few weeks ago I started having severe acid reflux and a feeling of food getting stuck.  I had an endoscopy which showed hiatal hernia.

Last monday I had the surgery to fix the hernia (also had my appendix removed too).  I was in the hopsital for a few days then discharged on Wednesday.  Felt fine until Friday.  Starting having a "lump" feeling in my throat when I eat.   Anyone have  hiatal hernia surgery and feel it (most people have hernia surgery with their VSG but mine didn't get bad until post VSG).  The feeling is very painful. 

It is not the same feeling from the tubes they use during anesthesia.  This is something else.  Hard to explain, but when I bend over and feel pressure on my sleeve/hernia I get that feeling in throat. 

I'm still on mushy food until I see the Dr (tomorrow) but curious if anyone had an experience with this?  I'm hoping it's just swelling, but it's really uncomfortable and I'm fearing that I won't be able to eat normally again.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views