NSV and an OOPS!

Alice M.
on 2/12/13 6:28 am - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

Crazy day today.  I went shopping and decided to be adventuresome and try the petite department (I'm only 5').  I actually bought a pretty sweater that fits!  I am down to 4 pairs of jeans (all with elastic waists) and they are all very baggy.  Tried on some jeans...too big!  I have no idea of what size to try and it kinda scares/excites me to think about shopping soon.     I made a decision that I would not shop in the Women's Department...ever again!  I proved that I can be normal.  

Then, I was so happy about my NSV that I decided to treat myself to lunch out.  Had a delicious cup of soup at Olga's...no snackers.  But the soup was so good and I was so excited about shopping that I kept eating and then, for the first time,  I hurt from stuffing myself!   Nothing horrible, just a tightness, but more than I have had before.  Kind of showed me you can't let down your guard at all and also not to use food as a reward.   

All in all it was a learning type day.  I can shop normal and can't (and don't really want to) eat like I used to.

I'm happy!

Alice 

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

SW (6/27/12) - 255   PreOp (12/3/12) - 210   

mokee
on 2/12/13 6:32 am - OH

Please will everyone stop using script writing.  I want to read your posts but I can not make them out.

Alice M.
on 2/12/13 7:30 am - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

Sorry bout that.  I only changed the font and the color.   I get tired of black  all the time.    Is this better?  

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

bob-h
on 2/12/13 8:49 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12
On February 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM Pacific Time, Alice M. wrote:

Sorry bout that.  I only changed the font and the color.   I get tired of black  all the time.    Is this better?  

Yes this is 100 percent better. I wish they would  take that script font right out as it is almost impossible to  read on an I-Pad.

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

LolaB
on 2/12/13 7:15 am - NY
VSG on 01/23/13

How wonderful to be able to shop in the "normal" department! Sounds like you had a really rewarding day! 

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Siddhartha Gautama

ShootForTheMoon
on 2/12/13 8:31 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with

Congratulations for the NSV! And as for the soup, live and learn :). I can't wait until I can shop and have things fit too large. Right now I'm pretty much in all the same stuff as when I started. So fun to hear about other people getting back into "regular" sizes! Congrats again!

Height: 5'8

Alice M.
on 2/12/13 9:04 am - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

I still have 2 wardrobes to go thru...but some of them are 20 years old  and look it!!!  Right now I'm wearing whatever I still have (I have given away 8 garbage bags) and since I don't work, its not a problem.  I just want a few things that don't bag in the butt, to wear when I go out.  And new stuff is always an ego boost.  

Hang in there and your day will come...soon!

Alice

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views