One Month From Today

Rms928
on 2/20/13 10:38 am
VSG on 03/20/13

My surgery is scheduled in exactly one Month. March 20 I will walk into the hospital to begin my journey as a newly sleeved person. I'm ready to leave nearly 60 years of struggle with obesity but, as the time gets closer my mind is filled with thoughts and emotions.  Will I come through ok?  I'm a self payer. Will I be able to go home in one day like my doc says?  Will I have complications?  Can I go back to work when I expect?  Will I be a good sleever and follow the program?  Will I have all the NSV's we all hear about daily?  Will I loose quickly or slowly?  Will I really submit recipes (lol)?  Am I doing this for all the right reasons?

I've fought for this for nearly six years through insurance denials and employer disappointment. I've never been more ready for something in my life but I'm getting more nervous every day. Funny, I know we all deal with this prior to surgery but it still is SO personal. 

Well, tomorrow I go for pre admission testing. The last hurtle. I'm ready to clear that hurtle, meet with my surgeon for the last time before surgery, go on my pre op diet and take the next month to prepare for me and my families new life and join my fellow sleevers on the losers bench!

mokee
on 2/20/13 10:53 am - OH

I am. 66 years old and went thru this 3 months ago.   Been obese my whole life except 4-5 teenage years when I starved myself.

iam down 49 lbs not setting the world on fire but progressing slowly.

youwill do just fine.  Don't worry.  Time goes by so fast and will be better without all the weight and the health issues related to weight.

71dart
on 2/20/13 6:33 pm
VSG on 08/06/12 with
"Of all base passions, fear is the most accursed"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views