UGH (liquid diet)

SetPhasersToStun99
on 2/22/13 8:31 am - St Cloud, MN
VSG on 03/07/13

So I'm technically on day 2 of my 14 day liquid diet, but it's basically like day 1 because yesterday did not go well at ALL. :( 
Today I kinda fudged up too and had a piece of chocolate, but other than that I've been trying to stick to the plan. I don't even know why it's so damn hard. I'm taking Phentermine and usually when I take that I don't have ANY cravings at all and I'm not even hungry. But seriously today and last night all I can do is think about food. It's ridiculous. Even stuff that I know I wouldn't even wanna eat. I have no idea why the hell I'm acting like this since it's not the first time I've ever fasted. I don't know if it's just because I'm scared I'll never be able to eat normal again or what. I find myself having little moments of doubt and thinking, "Oh my gosh...do I wanna do this?" And the answer is YES...but I'm definitely nervous. 
I just wanna do well on these 14 (13?) days so I can finally get to my surgeon's goal of 250 by my surgery date. 

I could defnitely use some prayers. :( 

HW: 268/Consult weight: 265

Surgery weight: 248.8

GW: 135-150

Rubielee
on 2/22/13 9:01 am - OR
VSG on 02/14/13

Believe me I know how you feel, every thought being about food.  I just recently was sleeved (and still on liquids) and prior to that was on a 14 day liquid diet.  It was hard..but doable!!  You got this!  Just keep drinking water and protein shakes and whatever else your allowed.  The food thoughts start to die down by day 3, and it gets easier, I promise!!  good luck!

Lindsey72386
on 2/22/13 9:22 am - IN

I was the EXACT same way!! The ONLY thing that got me thru was tomato soup!!! It will get easier! It's all a silly mind game and trust me my mind almost won but it was very gratifying when I got on the scale before my surgery and I lost 19lbs in 2 weeks plus my doctor was very thrilled with me as well!!! You'll do great!!!

swizzlequeen
on 2/23/13 12:13 am

Lindsey,

What kind of tomato soup is it? Anything special? Or just good ol' Campbell's?? :)

Thanks!

AmyB1012
on 2/22/13 9:54 am

Does your dr know your using phentermine? My paper work said stop it 2 weeks before surgery.

SetPhasersToStun99
on 2/22/13 9:48 pm - St Cloud, MN
VSG on 03/07/13

Yeah, I made sure to ask my surgeon and my nutritionist if it was ok to keep using it. They said it was fine. THANK GOODNESS. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't on that. I'd seriously probably be starving. 

foolishgrrl_1
on 2/22/13 10:11 am
VSG on 03/11/13

I'm right there with you.  I'm struggling as well currently.  The only difference, my doc isn't requiring the 2 weeks, I just know I need it to get in the right direction and to help avoid complications during and after surgery.  Feel free to reach out to me for some moral support, we'll get through this together!  When is your surgery date?

SetPhasersToStun99
on 2/22/13 9:50 pm - St Cloud, MN
VSG on 03/07/13

You're SO lucky. I kind of wish the 2 weeks wasn't required for me. :( 
But I get where you're coming from too. It's a good thing to do since it kinda gets you in the right mind set for after surgery, plus it'll make for an easier surgery for the surgeon. 

My surgery date is March 7th! Only 12 more days to go. :D

Daraja
on 2/22/13 7:37 pm - Stockton, CA
VSG on 02/25/13

Hey stick with your liquid diet I go for my surgery on Monday the 25th of this month (Feb) and I heard the reason for the diet is for your liver and to remove some of the fatty tissue around it. They have to lift up your liver to get to your stomach and you don't wont them to pierce it during surgery. My doctor only have me on a two day liquid diet....I dont know what kind of surgery your having, but I heard its worth it. Good Luck on your journey

SetPhasersToStun99
on 2/22/13 9:56 pm - St Cloud, MN
VSG on 03/07/13

Oh wow only a two day liquid diet?? Ugh, I'm so confused as to why some surgeons only do short LD and others don't require it at all, and I've seen some *****quire a whole month of liquids. o_o 

Good luck on your upcoming surgery! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views