Let's talk poo. Yep, poo.

TheBiscuit
on 2/24/13 8:02 pm - TX

Not going to bother trying to sugarcoat the subject because let's be honest, it happens LOL

I'm glad it does, too! It wasn't the easiest in the beginning. I'm a bit concerned about the consistency of it now, though. I'm pretty far out from surgery. Will be two years late this year. My poop has never been solid. I mean, it's not LIQUID but it's not the dense kind I recall from my youth. My diet is entirely clean. Absolutely no junk. I get my fiber, protein, drink more than enough, etc. But it's always the same. Soft, runny type of bowel movements. As a side note, I had these type of poops before surgery, back when my diet WAS garbage food. I took a PPI for many years and my doctor told me it can cause runny stools, so I never thought anything of it. Now that I eat clean and exercise like a mad woman (no more PPI, never needed it after surgery) WHY is this still happening? Is it normal? What are your poops like nowadays? I guess I'm curious if this is a product of surgery-- smaller stomach, different digestion, etc? If I'm the only weirdo here, I'll go back and talk to my doc...!

Mom4Jazz
on 2/24/13 8:32 pm

Typically the higher protein diet in this surgery can lead to constipation. Even at 22 months I have to use a daily dose of 'preventive maintenance' to avoid being constipated.

Sounds like your body, not the surgery. Everyone's body is different.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Lisa1023
on 2/25/13 2:38 am
VSG on 03/05/13

1 replies · 149 views    LOL

Look, i guess that's your body's norm.  for whatever reason. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views