Anyone having surgery next week? ( Week of 3/4)

maeich1
on 2/26/13 12:02 pm - MD

My surgery is March 5th and I an flooded with emotion, Mostly very excited but also nervous, anxious, and a little fearful. The fear of the unknown I think. Just reaching out to see if anyone else is having surgery next week and how you are feeling? 

~Melissa

christib1975
on 2/26/13 12:18 pm - KS
VSG on 03/04/13

I am having surgery on March 4th...I'm super excited and anxious. I just wish i could fast forward the remainder of the week and just let it be here already!!!

Best of luck to you on your surgery...

HW: 324  CW: 201.4

maeich1
on 2/26/13 12:22 pm - MD

Thanks good luck to you also! We'll have to keep in touch next week. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions :)

T-Whaler
on 2/26/13 12:43 pm
I am also having my surgery on the 5th, I am not too worried about surgery, but more about success after. It is clear that it takes commitment (see post by Frisco) and I just hope I have what it takes. I Feel deep down that I do, but I still have my doubts (fatty insecurity issues).

I wish you the very best and I know the 5th will be a magical day and the beginning of something wonderful for us.
SandyRi
on 2/26/13 3:35 pm - WA
VSG on 03/04/13
My surgery is Mar 4. They called me today to tell me that my surgeon has to take an emergency medical leave for three months. i feel so bad for him. It seems to be a recurrance of an issue. 'C' Wow. My heart goes out to him. It really puts things in perspective. I have decided to proceed with another surgeon from his office. So will be on schedule and i will meet him before surgery for the first time.

Please say a prayer for my doc .... its a very tough battle.....ive been through it with my sister.

Surgery date:  03/04/2013

SetPhasersToStun99
on 2/26/13 9:12 pm - St Cloud, MN
VSG on 03/07/13
Good luck on your surgery!

My surgery is March 7th and I'm getting really nervous. At first I wasn't, but now that it's getting closer and closer I keep thinking about everything that could go wrong. :/ Not dying or anything, but I keep having thoughts of waking up afterwards and finding out they didn't do it or they gave me the wrong surgery! O.O plus this is my first surgery ever so I'm not really sure what to expect.

SophieNJ
on 2/26/13 9:26 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Hi Melissa! I'm the 5th also....am keeping busy with pre-op stuff, and trying not to think about it too much.  this weekend I need to shop for items I'll need for afterwards....and pack for the hospital stay...also get cleaning and laundry done so I don't have to worry about that stuff.  When I started back in June/July, I thought it was so far away, no need to fret about things.  amazing how quickly it's coming up now.  so keep busy, keep optomistic...have your support people ready to help you.....and stay connected here on OH...these people know their stuff!!

Hugs,

Sophie

fat2fit2012
on 2/27/13 2:22 am - FL
VSG on 03/05/13

I am on the 5th as well  Less than a week!!!!  

What type of pre-op diets are you on?  I am on a skim milk diet.

~Fat2Fit2012                    

Pre-Op Weight- 234 | Surgery Weight- 222.2 | Current Weight- 175.5 | Goal Weight- 130

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views