would I like some cheese and crackers with that whine?

momsy55
on 3/1/13 8:22 am - ME

I've been having one of those "poor me" moments.  We decided to do take out for supper tonight.  Everyone else was getting pizza, which I choose not to eat.  The place we go has only a couple of items on its menu that are on my plan.  Well, the item I wanted is no longer on the menu.  I could get the components separately, but it would cost quite a bit more.  I decided to just eat something that we have in the house.  Ok, no big deal, right?  BUT.... I've been feeling angry and sorry for myself ever since.  I am feeling that emotional turmoil in my belly and want to cry and stamp my feet.  I am posting about this experience, not to look for sympathy, but to remind myself that this moment will pass, the restaurant didn't purposefully take the item off of the menu to tick me off, it will be okay - I'll live, and I don't have to dive into food, as a response to my emotions.  That's how I got to 300 lbs. in the first place.  The food demons still call to me, telling me that I deserve to have take out, I deserve to have a little treat, I deserve it just this once, blah, blah, blah...., but today I have the choice to not give into them.  They will always be there, lurking.   Not giving into those */!*&* demons today, makes it just a little easier to not give into them the next time. 

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

jobyro
on 3/1/13 8:35 am
I started salivating at the word cheese. You can tell I'm in the two week post op liquid diet, LOL.
Good for you!! I'm dealing with feeling bad for myself too. I want to chew and eat with my family. Just mourning food I guess.
You did it!! That's a huge NSV!!
momsy55
on 3/1/13 8:51 am - ME

Sorry, didn't mean to make you drool!  lol  I just finished my dinner, and all is well again!

Kcdietz
on 3/1/13 8:51 am - GA
Yep..... Pizza was ordered at my house tonight for dinner along with cheesy garlic knots. I ate my cottage cheese. Not very satisfying, but hopefully it will be easier when I start seeing some results.

momsy55
on 3/1/13 8:54 am - ME

It will definitely get better!  I'm 18 months out and life is so so much better than before surgery.

karismommy231
on 3/1/13 9:28 am, edited 3/1/13 5:28 pm
VSG on 11/05/12
Sprinkle your cottage cheese with italian herb spice mix. Kinda sort of a pizza fake out?

If you can have cheese sticks try kraft tomato basil. So yum. I couldnt wait till I could have pizza in a cup. You take a little marinara sauce and sprinkle with cheese, meat (I used turkey pepperoni and turkey sausage), and italian herb mix. Nuke for 25-35 seconds. It is even better than pizza promise!

It will get better once you can eat more variety of foods. Pizza doesnt even bother me anymore. Its disgusting now (I've ripped off the cheese and meat in a pinch) and I much prefer pizza in a cup.

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

jubilee3
on 3/1/13 8:56 am

I was sleeved on 2/11 and I am feeling like poor me too! I just want to have dinner w/my family n be able to chew! Hopefully a few more days n I can have pureed food!

momsy55
on 3/1/13 9:05 am - ME

I remember those first couple of weeks.  When I was cleared to go from full liquids to soft foods, it was wonderful.  Looking back, that time flew by.  Within a few weeks I was back on regular foods.  You'll be there before you know it!

HilaryH8103
on 3/1/13 9:13 am - WA
Now I understand how you guys feel with the "poor me" moments & stomping your feet. I'm 4 days post-op & I live with a junk food addict. I opened up the cupboard earlier to grab my chicken broth & I noticed 2 Snickers bars & 2 Hershey bars laying next to my broth. In my head I thought "If I could eat this I'd be so happy & content for the next few minutes & then I thought about the feelings that would come after the happiness. I would be so angry at myself. Then I felt the urge to yell at my husband for having such a bad sweet tooth and putting his candy next to my broth. I wanted to grab that Snickers bar & throw it at my husbands head & make him eat all of his junk food so that it would no longer be in the house but then I realized that this is my problem not his & he's allowed to indulge in whatever he'd like to indulge in. I'm going to face these problems wherever I go and I can't go around throwing candy or desserts at people.
I just realized that I had one of those "stomping my feet" moments and that it's OK, they're normal and it'll work itself out but I can NOT give in. 4 days post-op & I'm already stomping my feet, this isn't good or is it? Maybe it's about time that I recognize my unhealthy eating patterns & find new ways to deal with stress. I know it won't kill me. The road I've been on is the one that leads to death, it's the road that was killing me. So from now on, I'm going to allow myself to stomp my feet & scream if I need to because this option is a whole lot better than giving in.
karismommy231
on 3/1/13 9:22 am
VSG on 11/05/12
Just a suggestion. Make your own cupboard or pantry space. Or buy a little cheap pantry (got mine from target for 49.99. Tell ur hubby he is not allowed to put any of his stuff in your post op diet space.

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views