Pics - xpost - my skin - From Obesity to tummy tuck - pics (warning - last pic is of tummy tuck)

smbergie200
on 3/3/13 8:27 am, edited 3/3/13 8:27 am - Naples, FL

Also posted this on the plastic surgery forum, but just had to share it with my fellow sleeve peeps. kiss Even if I was never able to get my tummy tuck the sleeve was so worth it. Clothes hide excess skin good, however in reality obesity does some damage to the body. The only way to correct it sometimes is a little surgical intervention - aka tummy tuck.

get alot of comments on my posts that my skin "wasn't that bad". I guess the photos I was using as before plastics didn't quite show the extent of the damage that obesity did to my stomach so I am here to set the record straight with pictures. While I understand that there are much worse cases of excess skin, for me it was unacceptable for me to live the rest of my life looking like I did. I guess I set my standards high - some people can deal with their skin, but I could not so that is why I got my extended tummy tuck. I can now look in the mirror and smile and thats all that really matters. I don't have to hate my reflection and that is a priceless feeling. Heres the pics.

Above I am clocking in at 377 pounds - no wonder I had excess skin!

Nice side shot of my massive stretched out body @ 377 pounds.

Yeah - the fats gone - but the skin is not!

If you like cows and are into men with udders I guess I look hot in this pic!

Not exactly gonna turn heads doing a pushup with my shirt off!

This is one of the "its not so bad" photos. Yeah - im standing up - the skin is draping nicely - however its an illusion!

Again - the skin drapes nicely and doesn't look that bad, but I assure you I could grab handfulls of excess skin.

Only 26 days Post op and finally I feel Normal. Good riddance to the excess skin. It only took two painful surgeries and lots of money to undo the damage I did to my body with food. There will always be reminders with scars and stretch marks, but at least now I can feel comfortable in my own body. Lifes to short to hate how you look. But thats just my opinion.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

MomofMarch
on 3/3/13 8:32 am - GA

I think plastics are the finishing touch to a whole new you. Congrats on your success!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Miss150
on 3/3/13 9:02 am
You are healing so nicely!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

swizzlequeen
on 3/3/13 9:48 am

"LIfe is too short to hate how you look..."

I like that! :)

May you continue to have wonderful healing, both physically and emotionally.

Congratulations on wonderful results from your obviously very very hard work!!

loverofcats
on 3/3/13 10:42 am

Congrats! I also have the hanging udders. Plastics seem to be the finishing touch. You are healing quite nicely.

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

sarapilar
on 3/3/13 2:11 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

Very happy for you!  I cannot wait to get to the Plastics phase.  My 2 pregnancies definitely did me in in the stomach area, but then obesity finished the job.  I have that huge muffin top, that elephant skin hanging, and when I lose the weight it will be very, very apparent.  Some people have all kinds of fantasies...mine are plastic surgery fantasies! LOL!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

slatond
on 3/4/13 11:34 pm

Awesome!! .. congrats. I must comment on how good your arms and legs look as well!!! I have bat wings and wrinkles @ my thighs!

vacationlover
on 3/4/13 11:58 pm

Nice!  I am SO JEALOUS!!  You look great!  I can not wait until I get my plastics done!  Unfortunately, I most likely won't be having them until December 2014, but better late than never :)

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views