unjury is not for me, please help!

Jackie T.
on 3/3/13 11:28 pm, edited 3/3/13 11:29 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Don't smell any of the protein powders!  Put your drink in a cup with a lid and drink it that way.  I put my unjury in 8 oz of water and then a packet of crystal light and lots of ice.  Sometimes the sweetness gets to me but I really don't care for milk or peanut butter and am allergic to chocolate so I stick with the sweet stuff.  Also slim fast is not a good protein drink, lots of carbs and not good protein.  I usually use lemonade crystal light.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Cheryl M.
on 3/3/13 11:40 pm

During the 1st two weeks post-surgery the only protein I could drink was these - http://store.americanbariatrics.org/Fruit_Drinks_s/27.htm - 6 oz water to 1 packet.  They aren't a shake - they are a fruit flavored drink which is super sweet so I used tons of ice and drank it very cold.  My doctor recommends it and that is what they gave me in the hospital.  Three of these give 45g of protein, which in the early days my doctor says is okay (I'm supposed to be at 90g protein now).

After I hit 16 days I was able to start using unflavored Isopure.  I stir it into Cream of Chicken soup or applesauce and don't even notice.

Good luck.

FutureHopes
on 3/4/13 12:34 am - Minneapolis, MN

can my sleeve handle my shakes blended with ice yet?

Cant wait to take my after picture

2/22 My new beginning

Add me on MFP: Going2w1n

Cheryl M.
on 3/6/13 4:59 am

I didn't blend with ice - I just put tons in the cup so that it was extremely cold.  Plus, as the ice melted I would get a bit more fluid.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views