unjury is not for me, please help!

FutureHopes
on 3/3/13 10:20 am - Minneapolis, MN

so cannot do unjury. it makes me nauseous just smelling it! i have  unflavored and the sample pack. im 9 days out and i cant get my protein in! I do drink milk and slimfast, but thats not enough protein. Please please tell me what protein shakes are at least tolerable?? Thanks in advance.

Cant wait to take my after picture

2/22 My new beginning

Add me on MFP: Going2w1n

LNC62
on 3/3/13 10:25 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

Try Syntrax nectar lemon tea.  I get it online.

pineview01
on 3/3/13 10:32 am - Davison, MI

The key is not to smell it.  A trick we were taught was to put it in a bottle with a top like a sippy cup so as not to smell.  Most powdered protein will have some smell.

I like the Premier Protein RTD  I get them from Sam's Club others get them from Cosco.  I also Like the Syntax Nectar but, I didn't like ANYTHING for two weeks after.  Than they went back to tasting OK.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

a_gritters
on 3/3/13 10:34 am
VSG on 03/19/13

i agree on syntrax, I have fruit punch and double stuff cookies and both are very good.  make sure when you are trying to drink protein drinks you use a bottle or something where you can just put it to your mouth and not by your nose when you drink, It definately helps not to smell it as you try to drink it.

HW 315; Surgery Date 3/19/13, SW 300.5;  PreOp: 14.9, W1-4: 21.2, W5-8: 15, W9-12: 13.4, W13-16:

shrinkingrhonda
on 3/3/13 10:46 am - NJ

I am 8 days out and am having trouble with protein, too.  I mixed the unjury chicken soup powder with cup of soup mix today.  I did it a few times.  I don't like the protein stuff I got from my doctor's office.  Makes me want to puke.  Good luck.

Rhonda

MacMadame
on 3/3/13 11:36 am - Northern, CA

I don't like Unjury either. It has a weird aftertaste.

I like Chike and Syntrax Matrix Mint Cookie. and that's about it. I'm picky!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jenny S.
on 3/3/13 12:02 pm
Pure protein bananna & chocolate flavor are both pretty good. The only ones I tolerate as well as the unjury chicken soup which you only have to have 8 oz of water & one scoop of to get 27 grams of protein. Click mocha cappuccino is pretty good too.
5' 2" 272 age 41

HilaryH8103
on 3/3/13 12:11 pm - WA
Plain Unjury is gross & does smell. The Chicken flavor Unjury is delicious. My fav is Premier Protein Chocolate flavor from Costco. It tastes just like chocolate milk..

slatond
on 3/3/13 10:07 pm

I 2nd or 3rd ( or whatever # we are up to :-) on the Premier Protein RTD's from Sams or Costco.

They are 30grams of Protein per 11 oz.

( I didn't like any of the Unjury stuff either. )

Finding Neesey
on 3/3/13 11:05 pm

The ONLY way that I can drink the unflavored Unjury is mixing one scoop of powder with 32 ounces of water and 2 packets of crystal light FRUIT PUNCH flavor. The packets are the ones that you buy to pour into your water bottle. The fruit punch is the only one strong enough to cover up the taste and smell of the Unjury. Seriously...try it!! I drink one of these daily and a Premier Protein RTD and get in 51 grams of protein just from these two drinks.

Hope this helps!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views