Save the Date: April 23rd, 2013

Rebirthofme
on 3/12/13 6:18 am - San Jose, CA
VSG on 04/23/13

My surgery date is set. Saying that I am excited is an understatement. I am thrilled that the process is moving along, but I am nervous that I may not be as ready for the new life ahead.

The OH community is very helpful in this journey, and I am hoping that my family will be able to meet me where I will soon be after this surgery is complete...

I will be taking 4 days off for surgery and will have 2 additional weekend days to recover. I know recovery is very situational, but I'm hoping I'm giving myself enough time. I don't want to take a medical leave, but I do want to feel capable of returning when the time comes.

If I stick to the plans outlined for me, and keep up the maintenance post op, is it reasonable to suspect that I will be able to handle my job--- a sitting desk job--after 6 days?

Sutterbos
on 3/12/13 9:55 am
VSG on 06/21/12

I wasn't allowed to go back after a week- the surgeon makes us all take 2.  But I've seen many people post who go back after a week and are okay.  You'll be tired, but I don't think a desk job will put too much strain on you.

Have you talked to your surgeon about going back in a week?  Is he/she okay with that?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views