One year surgiversary doctor visit!

TNERNURSE
on 3/13/13 9:15 am

Today was my one year post-op visit. So thankful to have received this great gift and a new life. Surgeon said all labs looked good. Prealbumin is on the low side of normal but everything was within normal range. Have lost about 85.5 in 10 months and lost nothing the last 2 months. He said I can lose for another 6-12 months. I would like to lose another 25-30 pounds. Hoping to step up the exercise routine with the Spring weather coming. Today the office took my one year picture and did a body scan. I will be interested to see how many total inches when the body scan results arrive. Reached a goal today- scrubs I ordered arrived today and the Mediums fit! Top a little snugger than I prefer but at least it's not falling off my shoulders. Hope to be at goal next year when I go on my first cruise. Everyone keep the faith- we can do this!

SophieNJ
on 3/13/13 9:51 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

congratulations!!  you've done wonderful! continued success to you!

TNERNURSE
on 3/13/13 11:56 am

Thank you

AmberK
on 3/13/13 11:30 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Congrats! you have done great! Work hard to get those last few pounds off. I to will be starting some work out to help me get going! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

TNERNURSE
on 3/13/13 11:58 am

Congratulations and good luck to you.

bob-h
on 3/13/13 10:24 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12
On March 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM Pacific Time, TNERNURSE wrote:

Today was my one year post-op visit. So thankful to have received this great gift and a new life. Surgeon said all labs looked good. Prealbumin is on the low side of normal but everything was within normal range. Have lost about 85.5 in 10 months and lost nothing the last 2 months. He said I can lose for another 6-12 months. I would like to lose another 25-30 pounds. Hoping to step up the exercise routine with the Spring weather coming. Today the office took my one year picture and did a body scan. I will be interested to see how many total inches when the body scan results arrive. Reached a goal today- scrubs I ordered arrived today and the Mediums fit! Top a little snugger than I prefer but at least it's not falling off my shoulders. Hope to be at goal next year when I go on my first cruise. Everyone keep the faith- we can do this!

What did he mean by you could lose for another 6-12 months?  Is he saying you stop losing after that? If you eat fewer calories then your body needs ( BMR ) aren't you going to lose anyway? 

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

TNERNURSE
on 3/14/13 11:24 am

I took that to mean this is the optimum losing phase. I think it depends also on how much you have to lose. Believe our body will tell us when we are finished losing and the maintenance phase begins. An LPN at the surgeon's office who works the front desk - had the sleeve she lost about 100 lbs. didn't lose any for 3 months and then lost another 100lb. I am a believer in  the body has to adjust. I have not lost as fast as some but I have not lost any muscle mass or hair. I am just hoping I can continue to lose. A friend had gastric bypass lost and then didn't lose for 5 months and now has started losing again. The first 6 months was the best and after that it slowed down for me. The closer to goal seems to be harder to lose.

Most Active