Newbie almost 5 weeks out.

Jsaun
on 3/27/13 8:56 pm

Hey everyone I am 31 days out from the VSG and had lost a total of 41 pounds as of today. 61 from my highest. This journey was not only one of the smartest things I did for my body but it was a very healthy thing I did for my head too. For all the people contemplating on getting this surgery and are scared, NOBODY was more scared than I was. I have a beautiful wife and two beautiful boys ages 4 and 7. No way in this world did I want to leave them Fatherless. I knew and the Dr's knew if I didn't do this it wouldn't be to far down the road and I would be having problems that ultimately would leave my boys without a father. The good outweighed the bad by 10 fold. With that all said and even with another 100lbs to hit my goal weight, I feel great!!!

jpsp30
on 3/27/13 9:24 pm - TN

Awesome! Mine is two weeks from tomorrow.

Jeff - Located in East Tennessee; Surgery by Dr. Mark Colquitt on 4/12/2013

Highest Weight- 511; Initial Consultation Weight - 474; Surgery Weight 450    

mzgetright
on 3/27/13 11:25 pm
we almost have the same surgery date. Good luck on your journey!
Justme7
on 3/27/13 10:16 pm - ID

Thanks for the great post.  I have been thinking about surgery for years and now am about 90% sure it will happen as the insurance will pay for it and I am at the end of the rope with my weight.  I have a lot to loose as well, but can't  keep going  like I have for years.  Your post was an inspiration and gives me hope.  Thanks so much.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views