Interesting article....

jpsp30
on 3/30/13 4:13 am - TN

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130327144124.ht m

This won't help any of us. But, it is worth reading.

Jeff - Located in East Tennessee; Surgery by Dr. Mark Colquitt on 4/12/2013

Highest Weight- 511; Initial Consultation Weight - 474; Surgery Weight 450    

AnnieinIA
on 3/30/13 4:46 am
In some of the articles I read over the past week on this topic - they have talked about certain types of food that help with this gut/bug balance, although this article didn't. I think we could definitely be helped if we learned about foods we should include in out diet that are along these lines.

Also, I wish I knew if VSG has the same affect on the body as bypass. I assume they used that surgery in the study and, therefore, that's how the findings are reported. It certainly could be that it's the bypass part of the surgery that makes this change. However, I know for sure that my body has been altered in very significant ways in addition to my tummy simply being smaller.

Annie
jpsp30
on 3/30/13 7:44 am - TN

Its really pretty interesting and i was wondering the same thing as you about the VSG verses the bypass.

Jeff - Located in East Tennessee; Surgery by Dr. Mark Colquitt on 4/12/2013

Highest Weight- 511; Initial Consultation Weight - 474; Surgery Weight 450    

cymbalom
on 3/30/13 3:51 pm
Bypass has a non-absorption thing in it --- those people need to take loads of vits because they lose a lot of them from food. VSG people don't need to worry about that, at least, according to my surgeon who does both ops.

--- Angie in Missouri, US
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views