Daughter got married! I'm an empty nester!

busboss1
on 3/31/13 1:16 pm
VSG on 12/18/12

My daughter got married yesterday. I'm NOW an empty nester. I am happy but sad at the same time. It is very hard to come to terms with the fact no one really depends on me now. I'm sure my husband and I will get used to it but there will be an adjustment period. I was a bit sad today and I thought about eating for comfort but I didn't. I KNOW I need to do something different now to comfort myself. Wedding food was good but I didn't overindulge. It was difficult but do-able. Has anyone else out there had the experience of their children leaving home for the last time and felt this way?

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

mysister2001
on 3/31/13 10:50 pm

Keep up the good work and making good choices. You will be ok. 3 of my four have left and I made it (this last one may kill me when she leaves, LOL)

Windycindy
on 4/1/13 3:31 am
An empty nest is hard. The first few weeks are the worst but then you get used to it and it becomes kinda nice! At least with me it worked that way. Congrats on a new phase of your life.
Christine Heusinger
on 4/1/13 3:32 am - GA

When I became an empty nester I think the sad time lasted about 24 hours.

Then I realized it could be all about ME and MY HUBS. Now we can focus on what WE want to do and where WE want to go. Our first vacation was amazing because we enjoyed every minute of it.  

Don't get me wrong, the highlight of our YEAR is the week that we spend at the beach every year with our kids but I really love being an empty nester.

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

SophieNJ
on 4/1/13 4:16 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

get a puppy...they are completely dependent on you :) ....and  in no time, you may be having grandbabies to keep you feeling needed. and congrats on your daughters marriage!

sophie

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views