3 Weeks Post-op

buzybee7
on 4/4/13 3:22 am - Oak Park Heights, MN
VSG on 03/14/13

Today marks 3 weeks since my VSG.  I have lost 22 pounds since surgery!  Today I started pureed food.  I was terrified to eat!  I actually cried. How ironic that I was afraid to eat!!!  It took me about an hour to eat my 2 TBSP of cottage cheese and 1 TBSP of cream of wheat with unflavored protein powder added but I did it and I feel pretty good.  No nausea, no full feeling. 

Question 1:   how will I get all my liquids in now that I'm eating and having to wait 45 minutes after to drink?  How much is everyone drinking each time and how often? I was drinking about 2 ounces every 14-15 minutes and just barely getting all my liquids in each day.  Should I try to drink more often now, maybe every 10-12 minutes??  I was tolerating the 2 ounces with no problems at all.  Never felt full or vomited.  I just don't want to pu**** but I do want to make sure to get enough liquids in.

Question 2:  At this stage I'm eating such small amounts and I was trying to count calories, protein and carbs but it is very difficult and time consuming.  Did other people count calories etc... at this stage or wait until you were eating more food?  I was surprised at how little calories, carbs, and protein there was in my breakfast. 

~*~Shaunee~*~ 

Height: 5' 7"  Heaviest Weight: 330  Starting Weight: 306  Surgery Weight:  267  Goal Weight:  135

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views