Sleeved on Monday.

mammafive
on 4/4/13 3:41 am

I had my surgery on Mon (Apr. 1) and I wanted to know how much you were getting in by this time.  I drank the equivalent of 1/4 of a protein smoothe this am and now I am TRYING to drink 1/4 c of tomato soup(with a bit of unflavored protein powder sprinkled in.  As for water I am only 12oz so far today.

Jackie T.
on 4/4/13 4:05 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Just follow the plan your doctor gave you, it sounds a lot different than what I was given.  The things you have listed were not allowed on my plan until at least two to three weeks out.  (I wasn't given much of a plan though)

Just on a side note, be careful with the tomato soup this early out as the acid may upset your stomach.

Just drink as much as you can as it will be very important to stay dehydrated.  The things you are drinking also count towards your water intake.  Go for as much as you can which means to always have a drink in your hand.

Welcome to the losers bench!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Deckeriv
on 4/4/13 4:44 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

I didn't hit my numbers and at 9 days I still don't. But it get's better every day and I think today I might hit all my fluid numbers.

I love tomato soup but it kills my stomach. I guess it's the acid but it does hurt so I'm not going to try that again for a few months.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

mammafive
on 4/4/13 7:42 am

The tomato soup didn't hurt my stomach but I did feel full when I went in to lay down afterward.  Working on tha****er constantly... and I can't imagine when I will be able to start getting in my vitamins too!

Edelge
on 4/4/13 8:32 am
VSG on 04/02/13

I was sleeved Tuesday and am just drinking water. I had an ounce of soup earlier but it sat really heavily in my tummy.  I had half an ounce of Greek yogurt with my Prilosec mixed in.  Nothing sounds good so I'm just sipping and will start working on protein in a few days.  I think it might be my pain meds making we not want anything.  

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 191 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 278 views