Having a scope done at some point and my OT rant

MomofMarch
on 4/16/13 12:52 am - GA

I went in to the ER last night. They prescribed me more Nexium, Zofran, and Maalox. The only GOOD thing that really came of it was being able to be seen by my PCM in the next couple of days instead of waiting for a month. He's putting in for me to have a scope done, but because of hubby going to physical therapy for the next 3 weeks, I'm going to have to wait until that's done.

I'm doing ok, so far, today. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I feel like my problems are nothing compared to those going through the Boston attacks. I've mostly spent my time holding onto my babies and hubby. I love the fact that people are coming together to help their fellow man, but it saddens me that it takes a catastrophy for it to happen. *Sorry, pain med rant* My thoughts and prayers are going out to everyone affected by this horrendous attack. God Bless you all.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Jackie T.
on 4/16/13 1:57 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I know your husband needs the physical therapy but see if you can work yourself in there somewhere.  You need to take care of yourself so that you can take care of everyone else.  Isn't the scope done on an outpatient basis?  3 weeks is a long time to wait if you are having problems eating.  Just concerned about you!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

MomofMarch
on 4/16/13 2:02 am - GA

That's what he was just telling me. lol I'm just worried about having someone to watch the kids and drive me home. Last time they had me pretty loopy. I'll see if I can have one of my friends help me out on that issue. You guys are right.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Nikke2003
on 4/16/13 2:21 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

If I lived there I would totally drive you! BUT, since I don't... I agree that you definitely should ask a friend. You have to put yourself first so that you are healthy to take care of others!

I hope you are feeling better soon!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Nancybefree
on 4/16/13 3:36 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Hang in there, Laura.  Hope everything holds together until you are scoped, and hope you get the answers you need.   Will be praying.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

sarapilar
on 4/16/13 4:38 am
VSG on 02/21/13

I think the scope should give you peace of mind. I've had one last week (didn;t like what GI said to me), got 2nd opinion yesterday, and will meet with a 3rd opinion doc in about a month....you gotta keep trying, taking care of yourself and being a crusader for your own Sleeve!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Most Active